Thunderstorms and Heartbeats

Chapter 24
Derek's POV 😈

If sober Bella was hard to deal with
drunk Bella is a hundred times worse.

She was literally mooing all the ride back to my place as she talked to the imaginary cows.

I have no clue what is going through her mind and frankly speaking. I do not want to be even more accustomed to her abnormal behaviors.

I leaned on my sofa as I sipped my cup of coffee that I needed in order to handle Bella.

BAM*

My train of thoughts came to an abrupt stop as I rushed to my room. I had left Bella alone as I was being the gentleman that I am and to give her some privacy so she could change her clothes.

"Bella!" I exclaimed.

She hummed back in response.

"Did you trip?" I asked her as I tried pulling her back to her feet, but was unsuccessful as I found myself lying on the floor right next to her.

"Pssssshhhhheeeeeeee what?! I did not trip. The floor looked sad, so I thought it needed a hug!" She yelled in a matter of fact tone as I cringed at her loud voice, once again proving that my hypothesis of her being insane is in fact true.

"You look sexy." She winked as she scooted closer to me.

"So you do find me irresistibly attractive," I remarked pleased by her comment.

She ignored my comment and tied the lace of my shoe.

"Bella, I can do it myself."

"But I don't want you falling for anyone else ." She whined as she used the pickup line.

My jaw dropped. I compose myself as she sits in my lap and takes my arms and encircles them around her waist.

"I believe you are too late Angel." I murmured into her ear making her shiver.

"Are you from Tennessee cause you're the only ten I see." She winked seductively.

"I can't." I groaned as she straddled me and her fingers tugged my hair.

"Bella, you are drunk," I said slightly pushing her away with no luck.

"I am not drunk! I am by nature a loud, obnoxious, clumsy person with a speech impediment." She explained has she pulled me closer to her by the collar of my button-up shirt. I suddenly felt very subconscious of myself. The placement of my hands inching their way to her waist as she relaxed her grip letting her hands fall onto my neck. I nodded absentmindedly in agreement with her comment.

"You are going to regret this later," I said in a taunting manner.

"Yeah well right now I'm going to enjoy this," she said playfully as she brought her lips to mine.

I froze in shock trying to comprehend the situation. Utterly and completely flabbergasted.

At that moment all things concerning morals, right and wrong, good and evil left my mind. Even the thought of her killing me when she remembered this in the morning couldn't keep me away. All I could do was mimic her and let my thoughts dissipate and enjoy the feeling.