Buddies & Chances

Okayyy here's the chapter I'm so sorry for the late update I have been busy a lot of things going and responsibilities to balance but thank you so much for still giving my book a chance. Hopefully it's interesting enough.

Don't for get to
VOTE +COMMENT

Chapter 44

Bella's / Mariah's POV😇

It's been a few weeks since I moved into the house.

Things have been . . . entertaining?

Joking with Ace, bickering with Derek, in speaking terms with Maya and I got along fine with the rest.

However, there was still some uneasiness.

At first and even sometimes now, I feel unwelcomed and it's not even them doing it willingly, but it's mostly me and my insecurities - everyone was so close and I felt like an intruder.

They are not only friends, they are a family.

A group of friends and family that I don't belong too.

And I was jealous. I don't understand why because I am happy to see how far they come. Yet, I was jealous of what they had and of Derek who was also part of this.

Could I have been a part of that beautiful friendship if I stayed?

But it wasn't like I had a say in what happened to me. I know not to dwell on the "what if's" because I knew that it was bound to happen and my children and I were just meant to be.

I sighed closing my eyes shut as I leaned back on the sofa and put my feet on the table. I was overthinking again and it was only making things more complicating.

I found some sort of peace in this quietness.

"Long day?" Asked a voice making me jolt in my seat.

Numia wobbled her way here with her hands protectively laying on her very swollen stomach.

"You can say that." I drawled as I made space for her she shot me a smile at the gesture.

"Tell me what's wrong, it's not good to keep everything bottled up." She scolded playfully.

If only she knew that's how I survived for so long and it's not like I could tell her, 'Oh I was just jealous about how close all of you are.'

"It's just taking me time to adjust to everything. How about you, what are you doing still up?" I swiftly changed the topic.

"It's just 11 pm," She rolled her eyes as she shifted on the coach.

"But your usually asleep by 9 pm," I stated as a matter of fact giving her a stern look.

She smiled sheepishly, "It because of the cramps, mood swings, cravings, exhaustion and you name it. Seriously, I will do anything to get some sleep, but buddy over here seems to want to play," she ranted as she rubbed her belly.

I didn't quite know how to respond to that since I had no idea how being pregnant was like.

Was I supposed to say 'oh that sucks' or just say 'right'?