An Unexpected Encounter

Hiiiii Kewties, I enjoyed writing this chapter. Let me know what you think. And let me know what you would like to see in the next chapter.

Don't forget to VOTE + COMMENT ;)

xoxoxoxo

-Cutiecupcakes

((Remember now, the present is 6 years later))

Chapter 34

3rd person POV

Low upbeat music could be heard through the endless chattering yet people were minding their own business. Teenagers messing around in the food court. High school girls giggling about cute boys and goofing around while the school boys portrayed the "I'm too cool for this attitude" and looked at the girls passing in front of them hoping to get a date. Women and men who looked like runway models and looked intimidating to approach passed through the crowd of people. Kids running around followed by angry parents who scowled them for not holding their hands. Elderlies hanging around the coffee shops and having their daily heated argument about golf.

The everyday usual of what happens in a mall.

Almost.

Near the fountain stood a flustered looking police officer. He was probably in his late twenties and had a certain charm to him. People passing by him couldn't help but stare at him in awe.

"Reece calling Mariah, " The man looked at the walky-talky as if he was going piss his pants.

"Mariah." The voice called again from the walky-talky.

"Sh*t," Murmured Caleb as he looked down at the device in pure petrification.

"MARIAH"

He winced at the roaring voice as people passing by sent questioning looks to which he reassured by sending a forced smile.

"Caleb here Reece" He finally gulped out as he walked around not to gain attention.

"Where is she?" The annoyance in Reece's voice could clearly be heard.

"She is with me, " Caleb responded calmly.

A little too calmly.

A sigh frustration could be heard from the caller.

"Then why is she not answering?"

"She went to the washroom, " Caleb fished an excuse.

Truth is he had no idea where she was, but he knew if he told him the truth he would only get in more trouble.

"Make sure she doesn't do anything reckless" Reece ordered.

"Roger that"

'I really hope you don't get me fired this time Mariah,' he thought to himself.

***

Some things in life don't make sense.

No matter how hard you try... There's no answer.

At times you don't know what to do.

If something was meant to be it will be.

No encounter is ever coincidental.