Home Sweet Home

Hiiiiii Kewties, it's been a very long time. I know that for many of us it's a hard time right now but I hope that reading this chapter makes you laugh not that it's a funny chapter but I try to keep lightweight. Sending you all positivity. I hope everyone is safe please take care of yourself!

Vote + Comment (I honestly love reading comments and since I'm an awkward person I never know how to reply what I'm trying to say is that it means a lot so thank you!!)

~ Cutiecupcakes

xoxoxo

Chapter 33

6 years later

Derek's POV 😈

I groaned as I tried to put on the tie and failed miserably. Leaving it hanging I decided to put gel in my hair and with a brush neatly pulled it back. Surprisingly it made me look decent, unlike the usual delinquent look I carry. I intently gazed at my reflection in the mirror and instead of seeing the usual green-eyed boy with a leather jacket, there stood a man in a white button-up shirt

It was my first day at work and never in a million years would I have thought that I would be a high school teacher.

Frankly speaking, even my friends couldn't believe it. But like they say expect the unexpected. I have no idea how I got where I am in life right now.

A lot has happened since then.

Yet things remain the same.

I was still Derek.

These past six years have been extremely tough. I hated myself for being a coward for not following my heart and from then there always has been a feeling of regret lingering.

Funny right?

The so-called bad boy wasn't able to handle a heartbreak but for me, it was more than that. It wasn't simply a breakup, it wasn't even the fact of her not being mine as me being hers it was the fact that now no matter how much I wish to see her, to hear her talk, laugh, joke around I can't.

I still time to time think of how things would have been if I didn't let her go. She would have still been by my side. If only I hadn't pushed her away; she would have still been alive. What if I wasn't a coward, what if I didn't mess things up... what if. That was all I could do think of the what-ifs.

I couldn't even ask her for forgiveness.

In the end, what I lost is Bella and with that, I lost a little of myself.

After she left, I felt like the world stopped and I took my feelings out on those who surrounded me. I avoided everyone and I began drinking and getting into fights. Even if our group of friends denied it, I knew that they blamed me for her disappearance. In the first two years, I did my best to look for her and only then I learned that her parents didn't give a sh*t of what happened to her.

It made me angrier because I realized how I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most and I only caused her more trouble. I was and still am guilty and ashamed for what I did to the girl I loved.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't find her.
That 's when I started to accept the truth.

Bella was really dead and I would never find someone like her again.