Busted

"LIAM JAMES PAYNE!"

Uh oh. I'm in so much trouble.

An angry Mum was standing not even 5 feet away from me.

"Why are you late?" Mum demanded. "It's only 9:58, Mum." I said. "Didn't you get my text?" She asked. "Text?" I asked. "Check your phone."

I unlocked my phone. The text read:

Mum: be home by 9. Your father had a heart attack and he's now in the hospital.

I gasped. Tears formed in my eyes.

How could I have been so selfish?

"Oh my God." I sank to the ground. "You can visit him in the morning." I almost forgot that Mum was still in the room. She went back to her own room.

As soon as the door closed, I sat in the computer chair and bawled my eyes out. Damn that BJ Knight for starting a fight with me. I wouldn't dare tell Mum or Dad about it though.

11 pm

I had just logged on to YouTube. I needed to distract my mind from the heartbreaking news Mum gave me. While I was waiting for a song to load, I checked my email. They were mainly Facebook notifications but I got emails from Lacey and Richard. I opened Lacey's first.

To: liampayne@yahoo.com

From: laceymichaels@gmail.com

Hey Liam. Just wanted to check on you. I hope BJ didn't injure you too bad. Anyway, I must go to bed now. Text ya in the morning.

-Lace

I replied with:

Hey Lace. I'm alright. He didn't really injure me too badly. I just have a sore jaw and a sore crotch. (sorry if that's tmi)

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

-Liam

Richard's email was next.

To: liampayne@yahoo.com

From: richardstokes@bing.com

It read:

Hey Liam. Hope you're alright. In case you're wondering, Lacey wanted me to email you and check on you. (I'm pretty sure she's doing that too btw). Anyhow, g2g. Little sister's b-day party 2morrow. Cya!

-Richard

I replied with:

Hey Richard. I'm doing fine. Yes, Lacey already emailed me and I replied to her. Have fun at the party for me, okay? Bye!

-Liam

I finished up on the computer and went to bed, wondering why I'm such a bad son.