A Not-So-Good Day

Liam's POV

*Wednesday*

*beep*

Ooh, a text!

I opened it.

Lacey: hey can you come pick me up? Richard isn't feeling well today :(

Aww. That's too bad. I thought.

I replied with:

Sure Lacey. Be there soon.

***

"Lacey!" I honked the horn. Lace came running out the front door with textbooks in her hand and an empty bookbag on her shoulders. "I could use some help." Lace breathily said. I got out of my truck.

Lacey opened her bookbag while I put her textbooks in there. I had just finished when I heard a dog barking. "Spot! Get back in your cage!" Lace screamed. A black and white puppy charged towards her.

"Spot!" Lacey's dad came running out of the house and he eventually caught him. "Sorry about that, sweetie. Have a good day at school." Mr. Michaels said. "Thanks Dad."

I put Lacey's bag in the passenger's seat and checked my phone. 8:05 am. Great. We're gonna be late. I thought.

"You coming, Lacey?" I asked. "Yeah." Lacey put the rest of her stuff in the back and got in the truck.

*later that day*

"Thanks for waiting on me, Lace." "No problem." School was now over and Lacey and I were heading towards my truck. Today was what I call a "not-so-good day." Why? It all started at breakfast break.

*begin flashback*

"Payne!" I turned around. Sam Sawyer was walking my way. Ugh what the hell does he want? I thought. "Sawyer." "So I heard that you and BJ fought at a gas station." "Yeah. Last Friday night." Why is he just now bringing this up?

"BJ wants a rematch. This Friday night." Sam answered my unasked question. "Why didn't he tell me himself?" "He's not here, today. Now be there or suffer through hell." "School is already hell, Sam." I reminded him.

"It'll be worse if you don't show up Friday night. Same place, 8 o'clock sharp." Sam turned around and left just before the bell for second block rang.

*end flashback*

"LIAM!" Lacey screamed. I jumped. "Jesus, Lace!" "Sorry but you were standing there staring at the cars in the lot." Lacey stated. Oh. I thought.

"Well, sorry." I unlocked my truck and put my stuff in the back. Lacey didn't say anything as she swung her back behind her seat and then climbed in. I sighed and got in the driver's seat.

***

"We're here." I tapped Lacey's shoulder. She put my earbuds on not long after I started my truck. "Thanks." Lacey mumbled. She climbed out, got her stuff and walked towards her front door. I put the truck in drive and drove off when Lacey reached the doorstep.

*later that night*

I laid down on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about how I snapped at Lacey earlier. It made me wanna cry. Instead of doing that, I pushed the thought aside and finished my homework. As soon as I was done, I ate dinner, showered and went to bed.