Visits and Heartbreaks

Liam's POV

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

I woke up. The clock read 10 am.

No surprise I would sleep in on a Saturday.

"Liam! Get up!"

Mum came in my room. "Shower and eat, Liam. We're visiting your father." Slowly, I did as I was told.

10:30 am.

"Let's go, Liam!" Mum had walked out of the door and towards the car. I was pouring Dr. Pepper into my favorite on-the-go cup. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" Mum can be so impatient sometimes.

5 minutes later, Mum and I were on our way to the hospital. I wanted to drive but after what happened last night, I decided not to ask.

***

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Come in!"

Mum and I walked in. Dad was hooked up to a ton of wires. I looked and Mum could have burst into tears. "Hey, Liam." "Hi dad." I hugged him. "Karen." He addressed Mum. I saw a tear escape from her eye.

"Hun, please don't cry. You'll make me cry." Dad said. "And me." I said. Mum wiped tears away. "Okay." Her breath was shaky. "How are you feeling?" I asked. "Fine." Dad said. Mum sighed a sigh of relief.

We all talked for about 20 minutes before we heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" Dad called. A man in his mid-40s walked in. "How are you feeling, Geoff?" "Okay." "Well I'm gonna your blood pressure and your heart rate and see if that's normal." Dad's doctor said. I had to control my laughter when I saw his name tag.

Dr. Feelbetter. Now that's funny!

"Liam!" Mum called me. "What's so funny?" Holy s**t! I thought. "Nothing Mum." I quickly said. Dad raised his eyebrow at me but didn't say anything. "Anyway, shall we get started?" Doc asked.

***

"Bye Dad." I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Bye baby." Mum kissed him. "Feel better." I said. I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing.

*later that day*

Mum & I had just gotten home from the movies when her phone rang. "Hello?" Mum went in the kitchen to check on dinner. I went back to my room to charge my phone.

I went to go check on dinner when I heard sobbing. "Mum?" I found her on the floor in the living room with her phone in her hand. "Why are you crying?" I asked. "Y-y-y..." "Huh?" "Y-your father." Mum shakily said. "What about him?" I started to get worried.

"Your father i-i-is d-d-d..." Mum stuttered. I didn't want to ask but I did anyway. "He's what?" "H-h-he's d-d-d-dead." Mum started sobbing again. "Oh my God." I dropped to my knees and tears escaped from my eyes.