Jaguar Code

Thursday early morning, only around 12 hours after hearing her boyfriend had been cheating on her for god knows how long, Manny blinked her eyes open as she heard footsteps walking around the room. She slowly turned her head to see her best friend standing in the mirror looking over her outfit before grabbing her keys off the dresser.

"Good morning." Manny spoke.

Clover visibly jumped before turning around to look at Manny laying in bed. "Jesus...." she breathed. "Good morning."

Manny slowly sat up and grabbed her laptop off the end of the bed where she left it from her late night study session for school. "It doesn't feel real." Manny whispered. "He really did that to me."

Clover nodded slowly as she grabbed a hairtie and put it on her wrist. "Yeah. Macy's in me and Ethan's gym class, too. Never thought twice about that girl. Guess you can't trust no one."

"You're telling me." Manny sighed, opening up her laptop and starting her home schooling work. "Tell Dante I said hi."

"I will. But at least we'll have more room in the truck now that Diego ain't gonna drive him anymore." Clover shrugged and smirked while walking out their bedroom and running outside to meet her boyfriend while she waited for Diego to pick her up.

Around 30 minutes had gone by of Manny reading an article and answering questions before she had to go get some of her books out of the small dining room that was directly attached to the living room. When Manny went to get up with her laptop, she saw her door opening revealing her dad with all his stuff he needed for work.

"Hey, mija. I'm about to go." Mateo spoke. "I just wanted to check up on you. You barely talked last night."

Manny just let out a deep sigh as she got up and walked up to him. "I'm fine. I mean...not really, but I'll live."

Mateo gave her a soft smile as he kissed the top of her head. "I know you don't want to, but you'll have to be at the practice and have to be at the home game tomorrow. I know you don't want to though."

Manny took a deep breath as she slid past her dad and went off into the small dinning room. "I don't want to be around him. But, I promised I'd do this so I guess I have no choice but to do it really."

Mateo followed his daughter into the dining room. She sat down at the kitchen table and opened her books so she could continue her work. Mateo didn't speak a word when he gave her one last look then left for work.

Another hour went by when Manny saw her mom coming out of the back hall ready to start her day with a cup of coffee.

"Buenos días, Manny." Kiara smiled, walking into the kitchen to make some coffee.

"Buenos días, mama." Manny replied, watching a video on her laptop for her history class. "Make me breakfast?"

"Only if you stay out your room today." Kiara teased. "It's not good to be cooped up in your bedroom all day. We heard y'all last night. It pains me to hear you crying, mija."

Manny just shrugged as she wrote down notes in one of her textbooks since she owned them and could write in them if she wanted to. "It hurt, mom. It hurt...a lot."

Kiara grabbed her cup of coffee and walked over to her daughter. She sat down in the chair next to Manny then reached out to pause the video on the laptop.

"I know it hurts, sweetie, but you'll get over it." Kiara assured her. "There are other fish in the sea. There are bigger and brighter things to focus on in your life."

Manny nodded as she leaned her elbows on the table and begun to cry. "But...how do you just cheat on someone like that? He showed no remorse. He didn't even care about what he was doing. He didn't care about my feelings."