Connections

A/N: just because there's a big gap between now and the state game, I'm gonna skim through the two weeks within as few chapters as possible. So pay attention to the days of the week in each section and stuff like that cause they're gonna fly by. I'll be putting big events in the sections so there's no filler parts.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Ethan yawned as he laid his head against the wall behind him as he was sitting in the back of his history class for second period on Monday morning. He glanced next to him and saw Christin sleeping with her head laying on her folded arms on her desk top. Ethan looked to his other side and saw Jose watching videos on his phone with his earbuds in.

Ethan glanced back at Christin to see her eyes opening slowly then landing on him. He smiled to her and felt his heart swell when she smiled back.

"How much time until class is over?" She whispered to him.

Ethan pressed the home button on his phone to see the time. "30 minutes."

Christin groaned and rolled her eyes, but sat up with her elbows resting on the desk top. Her head snapped to Ethan when he moved his desk closer to hers so the desks were nearly touching.

Christin laughed as Ethan leaned back against the wall like it was normal. "What're you doing?"

Ethan shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at the front board again. "Rather sit next to a pretty girl than Jose who's wrapped up in a college basketball game from, like, the 80's."

Christin smirked, but nodded her head. She moved as her body as close as she could to him and leaned her head against his shoulder. Ethan reached up and grabbed her face. He kissed her lips then kissed her cheek. Christin scrunched her nose up when Ethan licked the side of her face than kissed her neck softly.

She pushed him away and motioned for him to move away before the teacher turned around from writing on the board. Ethan moved his desk back, but kept his eyes on his girlfriend.

"You know something?" Ethan spoke up, staring deeply into her eyes.

Christin raised her eyebrows, him peaking her interest. She flipped her long dark brown hair over her shoulder as Ethan turned his body so he was facing her fully.

"I'm gonna be the love of your life." He smiled. "After this little stunt in the facility, I'm gonna get better. I'll be better, I promise. I'm gonna take care of us."

Christin smiled widely, then blew a kiss to him. "I really like you, you know that Ethan?"

Ethan nodded with a smirk. "Well you can really like me all you want. I love you, Christin. I'm gonna marry you, whether or not you think so right now. I am."

"Promise?" She bantered.

"I swear." He replied, turning his attention back to the front board where the teacher was still lecturing about the events that would be on their test tomorrow, but no one was listening.

~**~

Tuesday night after going to school all day, going to practice all afternoon, and doing an extra workout afterwards, Clover was sitting on Dante's bed braiding his hair since he had just showered.

Since she spent as much time with him as she could, Clover showered upstairs while he showered in his wheelchair assessable one downstairs. Dante had just came back from physical therapy when Clover came over.