Humble

Sunday morning, like Mateo promised, the players had practice. Like any other day she had practice, Clover's phone alarm woke her up making her groan and turn over to turn it off. She threw her legs over the side of the bed while she heard groans from next to her.

Clover smiled over her shoulder when she felt her boyfriend's hand on the small of her back.

"Good morning, baby." Dante said, his voice raspy and deep.

Clover turned around and kissed his cheek. "Good morning. You need anything?"

Dante put his arms behind his head as he looked up at the ceiling. "No. Thank you though."

Clover nodded her head while standing up. Since he was in a wheelchair, Dante couldn't live in his apartment anymore since there were stairs and no elevator in the building. So now, he had to live with his dad. Joseph, Dante's dad, changed his living room into Dante's room. They put a mattress in the middle of the large sectional couch for him to sleep on. Keon, Joseph, and Clover even moved around the furniture so Dante could roll around the living room, go from one side of the room to the other. The living room was a large one with a great deal of space to fit all his stuff. There was a tv already on the wall, so they just put his game system on the small dresser they put beneath it.

It was a perfect place for Dante to stay since the kitchen was right off the living room, but between the kitchen and the living room was a hall where they used a spare room to store the rest of Dante stuff and next to that was a full bathroom.

Clover walked upstairs to shower incase Dante needed to use the bathroom. There was a balcony area at the top of the stairs that looked over the living room, so she watched her boyfriend sit up and use his arm strength to get to his wheelchair. Clover was about to go help him, but stopped and smiled when he was able to pull himself to the end of the bed and get in his wheelchair by himself.

Clover smiled and went off to the bathroom and showered. She got dressed in two black sports bras, black leggings, black gym shoes, and threw on a white jacket. She just put her hair in a bun to keep it out the way and went back downstairs. When she got back to the balcony, she saw Joseph standing there.

"Good morning." She smiled, walking around him.

Joseph looked at her and gave her a gentle smile before his bright hazel eyes looked down at his son. "Morning. He's so independent. He just made himself some breakfast."

Clover started to walk down the stairs and smiled seeing Dante eating toast with butter and oatmeal he cooked in the microwave. "He's like that. I guess he's trying to get his independence back. I'll be back around 3 or 4. If you need anything, just call me."

"Alright, have fun. Be careful." Joseph called after her.

"Always am!" Clover called back. She jogged down the last steps and went over to her boyfriend who was sitting in his wheelchair watching tv. "I'll be back, babe. Love you."

"Love you too." Dante said, kissing her goodbye.

Clover grabbed her phone where she saw Diego saying he's outside and grabbed her football bag. She quickly ran out the house and into Diego's awaiting truck. When she got in the backseat, she saw it was just her, Diego, and Stephen.

"Good morning." Stephen smiled back at her, seeing her tossing her bag on top of theirs on the floor.

"Morning." She breathed, leaning back.

Diego had already driven off and was going straight to their football field. Ricky always drove himself and Jacob to Ethan's facility so the three could go together, while Jose got a ride from Colby.