Resort Part One

Friday night was another victorious win for the Jaguars at their away game. It made it better for the twenty football players who were going on the trip to celebrate by boarding the mini coach bus to go to their resort. The thirty-three players who weren't going, left with their families.

Jose boarded the bus with his duffel bag full of clothes and essentials in his hand

Jose boarded the bus with his duffel bag full of clothes and essentials in his hand. He walked up to his group of friends in the back of the bus and sat down in the open seat next to Stephen. Diego was sitting with Clover while Jacob was sitting on the outside of the row with Colby. The rest of the players piled onto the bus while Manny sat in the front with Mateo, Sam, Victor, Danny, and Ricky who didn't go to the game but came to the school when the game was over to accompany the team on their trip.

Mateo sat down in the seat next to Ricky who was sitting in the front row alone listening to the many voices on the bus. Ricky glanced at Mateo, but didn't say anything.

"You let your probation officer know about this?" Mateo questioned.

Ricky nodded his head as he looked out the window as the bus pulled off. "Yeah, she said it's good."

Mateo leaned back in his seat and glanced back at Manny who was laughing with Danny as they joked around. The Mexican man turned his attention back to Ricky who wasn't speaking.

"You talk to Danny?"

"No."

"Why not?"

Ricky looked at Mateo with an unamused expression. "I broke the guy's nose, I'm not sure I'm the person he wants to see right now."

"You need to thank him for your job." Mateo pointed out.

Ricky sighed while looking back out the window. "I know. I know I do."

~

Thirty minutes into the drive, the back of the bus was roaring with life as the boys were arguing about relationships.

"No, but listen." Jacob said, trying to hold back a laugh. "If you get your girlfriend a gift, she has to give you something of equal value back."

"No she doesn't." Jose shook his head. "Whatever you give her has nothing to do with what she gives you. They don't have to have equal price value."

"But they need to have equal sentimental value." Stephen pointed out. "Can't give her a teddy bear if she gets your grandfather's ring restored."

Diego turned around in his seat to face Clover who was sitting with her knees pressed against the seat in front of her and on her phone not paying attention to them. "What you think, Lucky Charms?"