Say We'll Be Alright

Saturday night, instead of going out for their last night together, Clover and Dante decided to instead stay at his apartment and spend quality time together. Dante had his arms wrapped around Clover's waist as she sat on his lap wrapped in a blanket. The young couple was watching the latest Avengers movie while also listening to Julio, Dante's best friend and roommate, pack his bags.

Clover giggled when she saw Rocco, Julio's brown pit bull, sit in front of her in his working army dog vest. Julio had gotten Rocco to be his trainer army dog and go on all his missions with him since they had such a tight bond together.

"Hey, baby boy." Clover smiled, petting Rocco. He didn't respond at first than started wagging his tail and brushing his head into her hands when he recognized her.

Julio walked out of the back hall and smiled at the two. "Jealous?" Julio laughed, seeing Dante watching Clover pet the dog.

Dante smirked, looking at his best friend. "Nah, I'm sure my goddess will miss me more than Rocco."

"Doubt it." Clover joked, getting down on her knees to play with Rocco. Dante got out of the chair he was sitting in and walked towards Julio. He clapped him on the back right as there was a knock on the door.

Julio's face lit up as he ran to the door and swung it out. All Dante saw was black hair attacking Julio's body, but once Julio caught her, Dante recognized the black hair as Julio's fiancée, Melissa. Melissa kissed Julio's cheeks than lips before walking over to Dante.

"Hey!" Melissa beamed, giving Dante a hug. "Long time no see. How's life been treating you?"

Dante wrapped an arm around Melissa as his hug back before letting go. "Good. You remember my girlfriend Clover, right?"

Clover stood up from the ground and walked toward Melissa. She was a girl in her early to mid-20's with long straight black hair that touched her waist. She was just as tall as Clover, if not shorter. She had a bright smile and even brighter green eyes. She was Hispanic with spots of freckles on her cheeks and chest.

"Of course. The cutest couple I've ever seen in my life." Melissa giggled. "How's school?"

Clover playfully rolled her eyes as she walked up to them. "It's high school, how good can it be?" She smirked. "You two about to leave now?"

Julio nodded his head as he picked up his bags off the ground by the door and whistled for Rocco to come to his side. "Yup. By tomorrow noon, I'll be hanging with the little grown man you call a boyfriend. Frankly, I think you can do better."

"Yeah? Like you?" Dante bantered with the older boy. "You can't even boil water without setting the stove on fire."

Julio sucked his teeth as he opened the door. "It was one time. Whatever. I'll see you in a bit, Rye. I'll be rooting for you at your college games, Clover. Be sure to keep being a badass."

"Don't worry about that. Always will be." Clover smiled, watching Julio and Melissa leave with Rocco right along side them. Dante closed and locked the door behind them before facing his girlfriend.

"Now there's just one." He sighed.

Clover wrapped her arms around Dante's waist and looked up at him with her chin resting on his chest. "Leroy will be back in 3 months. His deployment isn't that long. How you gonna pay for the apartment while y'all are gone?"

Dante kissed her forehead as he played with her flyaways. "Our landlord is letting us pay less rent. Instead of $700 a month, it's just 450 a month. Serving the country discount." He smirked. "Our families are paying our halves."