Good Old Days

Thursday midday, Manny was sitting on the couch in her living room listening to Bryce talking in front of her as they were planning their baby shower.

"We need a menu." Bryce reminded her. "You gonna write it or am I writing it?"

"You." Manny mumbled, resting her sandwich wrapped it in its wrapper on the top of her baby bump. "My mom ordered the cake, she's also gonna have some of the football players on my dad's team decorate the venue, but we need to buy the decorations."

Bryce nodded as he stood up to his feet off the floor. "Alright. Let's go to the store. I'll drive and pay."

Manny groaned as she got herself up off the couch. "Nah, I'll pay. It's no problem."

Bryce chuckled as he put his hand on Manny's stomach. He felt their little girl moving under his hand. He was careful when moving his hand off not to move her dress up. It was a t-shirt dress that she kept having to pull down so it didn't ride up to much.

 It was a t-shirt dress that she kept having to pull down so it didn't ride up to much

"You're funny." Bryce smiled. "Thinking I'm gonna let you pay. Nah, I got it. I'm the one with a job. It's your job to carry our baby girl and make sure she comes into the world nice and healthy."

Manny smiled when Bryce leaned down and kissed her cheek. She let him grab her hand and lead her out the house so they could go to the store.

~**~

Hours later well after the football practice, the star six players and their assistant coach were messing around on the football field. Jose and Ethan were running around on the field chasing each other, Ricky was playing catch with a football with Jacob, Stephen and Clover were sitting in the middle of the field, and Diego was walking up to them.

Diego smirked seeing Stephen lay back and stare at the clouds in the sky. Meanwhile, Clover was picking blades of grass out of the ground as she was deep in thought.

"What's on your mind?" Diego wondered, flopping down on the ground in front of her.

Clover's brown eyes got a gold ring around them in the sun when she looked at him. "This game. These games. Last games I got to prove my worth."

Diego shook his head as he leaned back on his elbows and kicked his legs out. "Pathetic." He scoffed, making all the boys stop and look at them.

"Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I said you're pathetic." He repeated, louder this time. "You need to lighten up. You're 18. You think it's just a game, I think you're scared just like the rest of us."

"Scared?" Clover scoffed, shaking her head as she stared at him. "I'm not scared of anything or anyone."

"And I've heard you say that exact thing a million times." He pointed out. "You say you're not scared, but your petrified."