Bail Money

Wednesday morning while he was rushing to clean the dishes he was suppose to do last night, Ricky was listening to Jacob rant next to him as he ate breakfast.

"All these expensive paintings all over the house." Jacob described. "Looked like they were living just fine without me. He even said he'd pay for my college?"

"Aren't you on a full ride?" Ricky questioned, finish cleaning the last plate. He listened to Jacob follow him and talk as he went in the living room to get his brothers ready for daycare.

"Yeah, but he was just saying." Jacob shrugged. "I guess he was just saying that if I needed someone to, he'd pay."

Ricky picked up his brothers, one in each arm as he rushed outside seeing they were already running late. He had no option but to drive his Jeep on a suspended license so he could get them all to their needed places on time.

"I think he's rich." Jacob said, getting in the passenger seat.

Ricky was barely listening as he buckled the screaming toddlers into their car seats. He closed the back door and ran to the driver's seat. He started the Jeep up and drove off.

"I barely know what he does." Jacob shrugged, staring out the window. "What if he's a mobster?" He gasped, looking at Ricky. "Or a drug dealer?"

Ricky sighed as he stared at the road. "You're the reason I barely hang out with white people."

Jacob laughed as he just road along for the ride to school.

~**~

After school, instead of sitting outside like she usually would be, Manny was at the practice laying around in her dad's office. She had finished all of her school work and had to wait to take her final exams by the state. She was finishing her baby shower invitations to send out later today to all of her family and friends. She had already given out all of them to the players and coaches so they could come if they wanted to.

Manny was looking at the photo she was using from back when she was only 8 months pregnant and Bryce took a picture of the side of her bump. In the photo she was in a white bodysuit using her hand to enhance her bump.

Over the picture were the details for her baby shower in the form of an invitation

Over the picture were the details for her baby shower in the form of an invitation. She put the last invitation into its envelope and started writing the address on the front.

"Hey."

Manny looked up and smiled softly seeing Victor walking into the office. He walked through the office and over to the desk. He sat down and logged onto Mateo's computer and started typing almost instantly.

"What're you doing?" She wondered, finishing writing the addresses.

Victor kept his eyes glued to the computer screen as he clicked the mouse than kept typing. "School is all over our asses and we forgot to send some emails, so I'm doing them real quick. What about you? Why aren't you outside with your bestie?" He asked, the last question in a higher voice to imitate how he believed teenage girls talked.