Playoff Game Two: A New Jaguar

Friday night was an intense one for all of the Jaguars. Not only were they playing their second playoff game without their head coach Mateo, but Manny was also a few blocks away at a hospital still in labor trying to give birth to her daughter.

The first quarter was an ease for the Jaguars, but not many of them had their heads in the game. Victor and Sam were in charge of keeping the team together while Ricky and Danny patrolled the sidelines and help the players. Andrew, who had came down after his football practice for the game, was sitting on the sidelines trying to encourage the players.

When the second quarter rolled around, the Jaguars were still winning with a score of 17-2 on the scoreboard. While their home crowd was cheering their team, the players were trying to get the game over with and have a real challenge against them.

Stephen charged down the field and hit the receiver on the other team sending him into the sidelines. He waited for the boy to get up so he knew he was okay. Once the boy got up, Stephen walked off the field taking his helmet off.

He made a beeline to the cheerleaders where Jessica was cheering along side Mila on the sidelines to be the home crowd. Stephen walked up behind her and pretended to do their cheer earning a laugh from people in the crowd.

Jessica whipped around and than giggled seeing her boyfriend. "What're you doing? Aren't you suppose to be being a great football player winning another championship gold?"

Stephen shrugged as he kissed the top of her head. "I can multitask."

Jessica pushed him away. "Ew. You're sweaty. Stop it."

Stephen laughed loudly before grabbing her waist and planting kisses all her face making her groan and gag from his sweat getting all over her.

Mila just laughed at the cute couple next to her. She kept the cheers going as the offense of the jaguars played on the field. When Stephen did finally leave, Jessica wiped the sweat off her face with her hands.

"So gross." Jessica gagged.

"So cute." Mila smiled.

~**~

When the final minutes of the fourth quarter rolled around, the Jaguars knew they would win from their current score being a 32-10 lead. But Victor and Sam made sure that they weren't easing up and were still putting up a good fight.

Both coaches were yelling as Jose was taking off down the side of the field with the ball that Jacob handed off to him during a trick play. Jose side stepped a tackler and made his way to the endzone where he did a dance.

Jose did a bow to the crowd before handing the ball off to the referee. He then walked off the field so the kicker Tyrese could hopefully get their final score of the game and set their fate in stone.

Clover, Jacob, Jose, Colby, Diego, Stephen, Ricky, Andrew, and the rest of the Jaguars stood on the side of the field on the sidelines watching.

"He any good?" Andrew asked, gently nudging Ricky next to him.

Ricky glanced at Andrew than to the field. "Tyrese? There's a reason why he's a sophomore on the varsity team."

Andrew didn't get a chance to reply since joy overtook his body when Tyrese kicked the ball and it went right through the field goal, right in the middle.

All 53 players ran onto the field to celebrate while their coaches, trainer, and former player celebrated on the sidelines. The Grand Ridge Jaguars were playing a third playoff game and one step closer to hopefully winning another state game.

~**~

Only 15 minutes after their second playoff game and ten minutes after officially going to the third playoff game, the seven best friends rushed in their cars to the hospital. Sadly, Andrew had to drop Ethan off at his addiction facility before he missed his curfew. Since she was Manny's best friend, the boys waited in the waiting room while Clover went into the hospital room.