Chapter 5

It was harder for me than it was for you.

.....................................

I lay down back facing my bed, looking up at the ceiling. The colourful pastel colour spread all over my room.

This can't be true. Anyea, it's just a joke. It really can't be true. But what if it is? If it is true, why can't I remember him? Come to think of it, I can't seem to remember my past. It's weird for someone who has photographic memory. Why can I only remember from the age of 6? What happened to me in my past?

I snapped back into reality and went downstairs. What? He's still here?
Sitting in the same position as he was before.

<Flashback>

"Min Hye, you said his name was Kim Seok Jin right?" My mum asked not keeping her eyes of him.

"Yes..." I asked still curios about why they're both stunned.

"Jin ah, you haven't changed for all these years..." my mum said whipping off her tears.

Mum knows him? Does he know her?

"W-where were y-you all this time, why didn't you visit us...." Jin said with tears flowing down his eyes.

"Mum? What's going on? How do you know him? How does he know you?"

"Jin...... is your brother......"

"What?! How is that possible? I'm an only child!!!"

"I..... I had a child before you, Kim Seok Jin. You're my second child."

"W-what? How come I can't remember anything about him?"

"You had an accident when you were younger so you suffered from memory loss."

"Why wasn't Jin staying with us in America then?"

"I-" my mother looked away and didn't speak from any longer.

"Jin! Why aren't you saying anything? Is this all real?!" He didn't answer. Tears escaped his eyes without him able to control it.

"Why did you leave me?" Jin said with a shaky voice looking at mother .

"Mum!!!! Answer me!" Jin shouted shocking both of us.

<End of Flashback>

"Jin, why are you still here? Aren't you leaving?" I kept my face straight not accepting the fact that he was my brother. That freaking bully is my brother? Haha, no way in the world would I accept that.

"Min Hye! Don't disrespect your older brother!" My mum scolded me but I couldn't care less.

"Older brother? Huh. What a joke. If he was my older brother, he should've been staying with you, dad and I. Where was he all along?"

"Min Hye ah, there are some things I just can't tell you. Can't you just accept it the way it is already?"

"Huh, like I would." I stormed off to the music room to release my anger. Since I have a photographic memory, I can play almost all the instruments really well. I remember when I first saw the piano and felt attracted to it. I was drawn to it somehow. But for some reason, without even learning the basics yet, I could play a song. The first song that came to me, River Flows In You. I went to the piano in the mansion and started to play it. The exact same song I first played on the piano.