Chapter 30

Rebecca's pov

It's been 2 days since we hurt Jake.

I'm going to visit Chance today. Hopefully he wakes up soon. Anthony and Kade are coming with me. I grab my phone and hat and sunglasses. We leave the house and we get into Jake's truck and Anthony drives to the hospital.

We make it and I get out of the truck and we head to Chance's room.

Chance is still lying there in coma. I sit in the chair that is right next to his bed. Anthony and Kade and Erika have been coming here to talk to him so he knows that we didn't forget about him.
"Hey Chance, long time no see. We miss hearing your laugh. It makes my day to hear you laugh. I need you to come back to us." I tell him. I stand up a little and I kiss him on the cheek.

I feel one of his fingers move. I look down and it moves again. "Guys look. He moved one of his fingers. Chance baby. I'm here." I say getting very excited. Kade and Anthony come over and they look down at his hand that I'm holding and his index finger moves again. " Anthony get a nurse in here" Kade says getting exited too. Anthony rushes out of the room and he brings back a nurse. She has black hair and very pale.  She is very pretty.

She looks at Chance's right hand that I'm holding. He moves his finger again. "Let me call the doctor." She says and then leaves the room. Chance's whole hand starts to move. "Chance, open your eyes." I say. He moves the other hand too. I place my hand onto his cheek. "Chance I'm here." I say. His eyes move around and he flutters his eyes open and he looks right at me and then down at our connected hands. He seems confused and he slowly moves his hand away from mine.

"Hi, Chance I'm glad your awake." I say with a smile on my face.

"Rebecca, where are we?" He asked. He looks at Anthony and Kade. "You're in the hospital." I tell him. "How did I get here and why is my head killing me?" He asked while touching the back of his head. As soon as I was about to tell him what happen the doctor rushes in and starts to shine a light in Chance's eyes to check his pupils. "What can you remember?" The doctor asked him. "What is today's date?" 

"um September 14th?" he says like he is unsure. I was kidnapped on August 28th. I will never forget that date. I've been kidnapped for 2 whole months now. This is the 3rd month. Today is November 18th. "He has amnesia. " The doctor tells us. "I have what?" Chance asked confused. "You have no memory of what has happen in the last couple of months." The doctor explains to him. "Can it be fixed?" I ask trying to hold Chance's hand again, but he once again pulls back.He doesn't remember that we are dating...

"Well, yes and no. It depends on the person and how bad the amnesia is. Usually with cases like Chance they usually recover their memory with help in a month's time. You have to remind him of the memories he has lost." 

"Thank you." I say. "He is able to go home in 2 days. We just want to run some test on him before he leaves." 

We spend the rest of the day with Chance. 

*2 days later*

Its finally time for Chance to come back home. We help him into the car. 

We make it back to the house and Kade helps Chance out of the car. He apparently doesn't want my help. 

Kade takes Chance to the couch. Kara hasn't been talking to me much or anyone really. She usually just spends her days in the room and comes down for food sometimes. This whole kidnapped situation has taken a toll on her. I don't blame her staying in the room all day. 

"Where is Jake?" Chance asked. He proably wants to know why I'm allowed to leave the house. He is most likely going to start acting like a jerk toward me again. "Um Jake is sick at the moment. He has a really bad case of the flu." I lie. "Yeah um okay. That is a total lie because Jake hasn't gotten sick since he was like 8 years old." Chance says. He saw right through my lie. Jake is actually upstairs unconscious. Erika and Tessa take care of him. They keep him drugged. We put a cast on his leg that was broken. He is tied up too just in case. 

I go to the couch and I sit right next to Chance. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask. 

"I'm okay." he says and he turns up the volume on the tv. He is watching a football game. I move closer to him and I reach out to touch his hand, but he grabs my wrist very fast and looks me right in the eyes. "Stop trying to hold my hand. " he says through gritted teeth. "Do you not remember?" I ask.  I'm trying to jog his memory. "Remember what? I don't remember a lot of things from these past months." 

"We are dating." I confess. "Um ew no." he says with a disgusted face and tone of his voice. He throws my arm back down and he gets up from the couch and he heads upstairs. I'm about to follow him, but there is no use. When I'm finally happy something terrible had to happen.