Chapter 41

Rebecca's pov 

"Do you think Jake is actually crazy enough to go through with this?" I ask. "Trust me he is crazy enough to try to kill us and make it look fake." Chance says and grabs my hand and holds it. 

"Jake has such a sick mind! Like we are literally about to participate in the freaking hunger games. I don't think he can get sicker than this!" I yell, but not to loud. "I'm not going through this. I'm not going to go kill my friends." 

I stand up and I head to the door. We are in Chance's and mine's room. The door is closed and I'm about to open it when Chance comes up behind me and he grabs my hand from the door and pulls me back. "You can't do anything about it. You have to do it no matter what." Chance says. I just roll my eyes and pull away from him. I go check my phone to see what time it is.

It's 4:55pm. 5 minutes till we are called down to the garage. 

I just sit on the bed again and I play a game on my phone until we are called. 

* 5 minutes later * 

We are being called down to the garage. I seriously don't want to do this. I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. I have been through so much and I can't handle anymore of this. I slow my breathing and I think of happy thoughts. I can't have Jake seeing me weak. Chance grabs my hand and we walk down the stairs. We walk the hallway to go to the garage and make it. Everyone is there already. We're the last people here. They're all standing and they look so scared. We're all scared. Chance and I go stand between Anthony and Erika. Chance is next to Anthony and I'm next to Erika. Erika takes a hold of my hand. She squeezes tight. Chance and I are still holding hands. 

Everyone is quiet. Nobody has made a sound. I just keep taking in deep breaths. Every time I feel like I'm going to cry I breath in and squeeze both Chance and Erika's hands and it makes me feel better. 

Jake's new camera man comes into the garage. He pans the camera at us and then points it at the door and Jake enters. He is wearing jeans with a merch sweatshirt. 

There is a tiny stage with a clear bowl with slips of paper in it. Jake makes direct eye contact me and smiles. I look away and look down at my feet. "Hello ladies and gentlemen welcome to the reaping. May the odds be ever in your favor." Jake says and then laughs. "Actually you guys are all being picked. We are just choosing teammates for all of you." 

"Let's start." Jake says and then goes to the bowl and picks out a name. "Erika" Jake calls out. Erika doesn't move or lets go of my hand. She holds on tight. I lean forward and she is standing next to Chad. She is holding his hand also and he is squeezing very hard as well. 

Jake picks out another name. "Joe" he calls out. Joe is Justin's camera guy. They both don't move a muscle. Then two guys from the front doors come out the door Jake came out of. One guy go to Erika and yanks her free from my grip and she starts screaming and picks a fight. "Let go of me you bastard! Let go of me!!!" She screams while being dragged into the house.I look behind me and the other guy is wrestling with Joe toward the back of the garage. He is picking a fight. He is now being dragged inside. 

Jake picks out another name from the bowl. "Chance." I look at Chance and he looks at me. He gives me a kiss on the lips and is now being dragged away by another guy. "Rebecca! I love you!" Chance yells and is now in the house. Tears start to fall from my face. Fuck it! 

I run to Jake and I'm about to grab him when I'm being pulled back by Chad and he pulls me toward him. "Rebecca stop!" He pulls back toward our spot. Anthony comes closer to us and holds my hand. Chad holds my other one. I take in deep breaths and I stop crying. I can't show Jake that I'm weak, but I think I already did. 

Jake grabs another paper from the bowl. "Justin." A guy goes to Justin who is next to Anthony. Justin doesn't pick a fight. He goes willing. 

Jake gets another name. "Kade." Kade goes inside without and escort, but I bet there is someone to get him so he doesn't run. " Anthony." Jake says next. Anthony kisses the top of my hand and he being walked away. 

Jake gets another name. "Rebecca." He called my name. I can't do this! I'm not doing this bullshit! I make a run for the open garage, but I don't make it 5 feet of it when I'm being grabbed and thrown over a guys shoulder and is being taken inside the house. "I'm kicking my feet at the guys chest. The guy drops me to the ground. He picks me up and I'm being dragged to the living room I guess you would call it. Everyone else is there also. I'm crying so hard right now. I run to Chance and he stands up and we crash into each other and hug. I don't ever want to let go. I can't go because if I do. I'm going to die.