Chapter 44

Rebecca's pov 

I'm falling so fast. I'm screaming and I shut my eyes. 

I land. I'm not in pain or anything. I open one eye and I see that I'm in someone's arms. I open my other eye and look to my right. Jake caught me. 

"What the hell were you doing?" Jake asked. "Put me down." I say and then instantly regretting it because he drops me straight to the ground and he walks away and into the house. Fucking hell. Now body hurts. 

I stand up and I'm about to walk into the house when Jake comes back out. We are on the steps to the front door. Jake grabs my arm and drags me inside. Chance is sitting on the stairs. We make eye contact and he stands up very fast and comes over to us. "Follow me." Jake says. Jake starts walking and drags me with him. We reach the top of the stairs . 

I yank my arm free from his grip. I raise my arm and I punch Jake in the face and I push him backwards and he goes rolling down the stairs. Chance moves out the way. Jake lands at the bottom of the stairs and he isn't moving. He doesn't look hurt. He is laying right on his back. His neck isn't broken I don't think. Chance runs the rest of the way up the stairs. He takes a hold of my arm and yanks me away from the stairs. Sudden pain goes through my face because Chance just slapped me. "Why the hell would you do that?!!" Chance yells at me. "Why the hell I would I do that? You know how many times he has tried to kill me and is trying to kill me tomorrow. I was praying to God that he would break his neck on the way down and I wouldn't have to deal with his ass anymore!" I yell. 

"Jake was bringing you up to his room so he could keep a better on you. He was going to tie you down on the bed so you wouldn't try to kill yourself again." Chance tells me. "I had a feeling." I say. 

I yank from his grip because he was still holding onto my arm. I run down the stairs. I stand over Jake's body. He is breathing. I kneel down to check his eyes to see if he is faking or not, but when I'm about to reach for his eye. His eyes pop open. He grabs my arm and I'm being flipped onto my back.  Jake sits semi sits on me. He is pinning my arms down his legs. "Get a fucking syringe now, Chance! I want to knock this bitch out real quick. She just tried to kill me!" Jake yells. I look up toward the top of the stairs. Chance is gone and then comes back down the stairs. He is holding a syringe. He hands it to Jake. Jake removes the top and jabs it into the side of neck. "You fucking bitch, Chance! You can go rot in hell for all I care. You are defending this motherfucker who is trying to kill me! We are fucking over! Go rot in hell!" I yell. 

I'm slowly losing consciousness. Jake gets off me. He lifts me up bridal style and carries me up the stairs. Chance and I made eye contact halfway up. I flicked him off and his face looks full of regret and guilt.

Jake lays me on the bed and I finally pass out. 

Sorry the Chapter is so short. It's just a filler chapter.