Chapter 36

Before you read this. Put on a sad song. The chapter is better that way. I wrote this while listening to a sad song. 

Rebecca's pov

I start to crawl toward the phone. It hurts so much to move. I look over at Chance and he is trying to move to the cell phone also. I keep a tight hold on the side of my stomach. I feel my blood rushes out of my side. I'm about 30 feet from the cell phone. "No, baby let me get it." Chance says while struggling to get to the phone. "Chance stop. You're a lot more hurt than me. I'm closer anyways." I tell him and he stops moving and he lays on his back. 

"Please hurry." Chance says and I move faster even though its truly killing me. 

"I'm now 5 feet from the phone and I reach out of my hand and I grasp it. I flip open the phone and I dial 911.  

Dispatcher: "Hello, this is 911. What is your emergency?"

Me: "My boyfriend and I have been shot."

Dispatcher: "Okay, what is your location?"

Me: "I don't know. We were kidnapped." 

Dispatcher: "Okay, is the person who kidnapped you still there?" 

Me: "No, he left." 

Dispatcher: " Okay. Please stay on the phone a little longer so I'm able to get your location."

About a minute later...

Dispatcher: "Okay, the police and an ambulance is on their way. Do you want me to stay on the phone?" 

Me: "No... I think we will be fine." 

Dispatcher: " Okay, hopefully they will be there in about 20 minutes." 

I say thank you and hang up the phone and I roll onto my back and the phone falls from my hand. I try to get as close to Chance as I can. I'm feeling light headed now. I can't feel my leg anymore. I'm about 20 feet from him when I give up. I roll onto my back once more and I look up at the ceiling. 

Tears just keep streaming down my face. I can't stop crying. My whole body is slowly going numb. I just want to give up already. It hurts too much. 

I look over at Chance. He is rolled on his side. One hand on his wound and one hand reached out to me. "We are going to be okay, Rebecca. We have to keep our eyes open and not fall asleep, okay? Can you do that for me? Can you not shut your eyes for me please?" Chance says. Tears are rolling down his face too. I out stretch my arm too him. He keeps moving closer to me. My head is spinning. I keep blinking. It's getting a lot harder now to keep my eyes open. I just want to let go, but I know I can't. 

Chance's and I's fingers are inches apart. He moves a tad closer and he connect his hand with mine. "I love you, Rebecca." He kisses the top of my hand and he falls onto his back. He looks at me. We stare into each others eyes until we hear a loud bang coming from outside the door. "It's the police open up!" 

"We- help..." I try to say, but I'm too weak. The loud banging continues. "Help." I say a little louder, but its still not loud enough. Just then the door is knocked down. I see 3 police officers pointing guns at us. They then notice us and they holster back their guns and they run over to us. "Hey, are you guys okay?" one of them asked. He has dark brown hair with brown eyes. He has a little bit of facial hair. ( The picture is the police officer is who talking to Rebecca) 

 ( The picture is the police officer is who talking to Rebecca) 

"No." I say weakly. 

"Okay, the EMT's will be here in 5 minutes. Just hold on tight for us okay?"

"I give him a small smile and I look back at Chance. He looks at me. "See, we are going to be okay." he tells me. I laugh, but instanly regretting it because my stomach hurts like hell and I just start to cry again. I look down at it and I see blood everywhere, My hands are drenched in it. "hey, let go. Let me keep pressure on." The officer says and I remove my hand. He places both of his hands on the wound. The other officer does the same for Chance. 

The EMT's finally come and they start helping us right away. 

They place me on a bed and they take us both to the hospital.