Chapter 3 | If Only

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 3 | If Only

Luna Oswald is now inside her pack home. She walked up into the grand stairs and went inside her room.

There she temporarily laid down on her bed and thought of today's events; she looked to her left and saw his picture perched on the top of the table, her thoughts running back to him, making her eyes cloud over with emotion.

'Sylvan, it's been three years since you left and I miss you so much; you and everybody else'.

Luna Oswald looked at her watch and saw the time; she quickly stood up and went towards the mirror, she pulled the hood of her cloak back and there stood a woman with white hair and dark golden eyes, she had a face that was devoid of any emotions. She closed her eyes and she swore that she could still feel his touch, hear his laughter, and see his smile; her heart ached for the loss of her mate. She shook her head and went outside, she had important things to do.

Luna Oswald went inside the meeting room and prepared for what was to happen, she sighed and opened her mind walls, a slight buzz could be felt and if she were to focus she could hear her pack talking through the pack bond their share.

'Pack meeting everyone. Meet me in the meeting room, now.'

She pushed her hood away from her face and sat down on her chair and soon the whole room is now filled her pack members, the last one to enter was Desmond Valise her Beta; he was also the Beta of the late Alpha Sylvan Richards.

"Everyone, you may sit down now." Luna Oswald said and watched as her second in command finally approached her.

"Why have you called us all, Luna?" he asked as he stood beside her and took one step back to show that she is in charge.

Luna Oswald stayed silent and gracefully stood up and started to walk towards the podium in the middle of the stage and began her speech. "I was summoned by the council," She said and looked back at her Beta, answering his question. "Now I come home to share the news that The Moon Dawn Pack shall stay here temporarily until they can defend their own pack and we are to teach them."

After speaking, sounds of outrage and hate came out from the mouth of her members.

"That cannot be! He is responsible for all that has happened in his pack! "

"He killed his mate for Moon Goddess' sake!"

"He is a monster!"

"We cannot help him!"

"Silence!" Luna Oswald commanded.

Her cold calculating voice echoed throughout the now silent meeting room stopping the other pack members from voicing out their outrage, they immediately closed their mouths and slightly lowered their heads to show respect.

"What about the innocent men and women in his pack? The mate less wolves?" she questioned.

Luna Oswald saw some shoulders sagged in defeat while others remained proud and unbending.

"And what about the pregnant women, do you want their pups to die because they could not defend themselves?"

Her last words were spoken so slowly and so painfully that even the person with the strongest will shall bend.

Luna Oswald saw her pack flinch as painful memories played back into their minds. They uncomfortably moved in their seats.

She saw the defeat in the stance of her pack.