Chapter 52 | Decision

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 52 | Decision

A flash of light appeared as the space rippled around a certain area. The man who saw this immediately stood up and prepared to meet his wife back.

Melaniya finally returned back inside her room when she was suddenly wrapped inside a warm embrace. Melaniya sighed in comfort as she leaned closer to the man who has her heart.

"How did it go?" Hastis asked as he kissed Melaniya's right cheek. As his hands slightly caressed her body.

Melaniya slapped his hands and narrowed her eyes at him. Hastis only gave her an innocent smile.

"Samael, you already knew what happened." Melaniya huffed as she slightly glared at him.

"Your barrier also works as a listening device." Melaniya snorted. "Celestiana really made you into her spy."

Hastis smiled and chuckled as he hugged his love tightly.

"She was just worried about Luna Oswald, after all she and Rosaline's wolf made an agreement."

"Speaking about that, I wanted to tell her the truth." Melaniya said softly.

"You can't." Hastis countered as he let go and grabbed Melaniya's left hand as he led her towards the bed.

"Desmond's bead is about to vanish." Hastis sighed as he leaned back on the headboard of the bed.

Melaniya leaned on Hastis chest and closed her eyes as she tried to focus on the sound of her husband's heartbeat.

"It's mostly the cause of Luna Oswald's instability. His bead stabilized her condition and now that he's gone, his bead is also about to vanish." Hastis said as he stroked Melaniya's soft hair.

"I feel bad for him." Melaniya opened her eyes and looked at her partner's eyes. "I can't imagine the sacrifice he made just to protect his love."

Hastis kissed her forehead.

"He must've given her his bead during that incident that's why her body suddenly recovered and got stronger. I noticed it once I studied her blood. Desmond's bead is slowly being absorbed by Avarielle and was supporting her, it gave her the power to dominate other wolves. It's also one of the reasons why her wolf is colored black." Hastis calmly explained.

"The bead was supposed to be absorbed completely by Luna Oswald but Desmond suddenly died before she could even completely integrate the bead to herself. Now, his bead will vanish completely." Hastis continued.

"But we cannot tell this to her because we are forbidden to disclose our race's protected secret. The knowledge about us possessing a bead that can be absorbed and support other races will endanger us all. Desmond didn't tell her this, and we must respect that." Hastis sighed in sadness.

"After his bead completely disappears, Luna Oswald will weaken and may even collapse because her body's state will return back to the time before she ate the bead. Alpha Horton needs to mark her in order to let Luna Oswald live. Celestiana knows this that's why she returned their bond back."

Melaniya only stayed silent and listened to her husband's voice as he told her the things she never knew.

"No wonder Celestiana was so adamant about returning their bond back. She must've known that Desmond's life was nearing its end." Melaniya whispered.

Hastis hummed in response.

"She needs to make a decision now because Alpha Horton cannot lose his mate once again. He may forcibly mark her if he knew that Luna Oswald may die. His wolf will take over and cloud his judgement." Hastis informed as he gently pulled the blankets up to cover his wife.