Chapter 48 | Letting Go

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 48 | Letting Go

There was an air of solemnity and sadness as silence filled the whole pack. They offered their condolences to the familes, friends, and mates of the brave warriors of both the Blue Orion Pack and the Moon Dawn Pack.

Luna Oswald is now back inside her office. The Alpha King also called her awhile ago. He offered his apologies and asked if there was anything that he could do to help.

Luna Oswald stayed silent for awhile.

The Alpha King seemed to understood what she was going to say and once again offered his apologies.

The call ended in silence.

Luna Oswald looked at Desmond's letter on her table. Her eyes filling up with pain as the final moments spent with him played back in her mind.

'Knock, knock, knock.'

Luna Oswald heard the sound of someone knocking on her door. She grabbed Desmond's letter and placed it inside her drawer, then she made sure that she was presentable before giving out her reply.

"Come in."

The door opened and there stood Gamma Elroy with his left arm in a cast. He stood still for awhile as his eyes flickered with an unnamed emotion.

"Luna," Gamma Elroy began. "....the officers of the pack have been talking and I am here to rely their message." He said as he tried to choose his next words carefully. "We need to find a successor for Beta Valise's position."

Luna Oswald closed her eyes as she took a deep breath.

"About this matter, I will consult with the council."

To be able to function properly as a pack, every position needs to be filled. An Alpha once he finds his mate cannot rule without a Luna but a Luna can rule even without an Alpha, as long as she is capable.

A Beta's position is highly needed since the Beta directly reports to the leader of the pack. The Betas cannot be ignored and an immediate succession is needed once anything would ever happen to the present ruling Beta, that is why Luna Oswald can understand the decision made by the other pack officers.

What she cannot accept is that her — being able to replace her Beta with someone else so quickly.

She might get a new Beta soon but that is not her 'Beta', Desmond is someone who is irreplaceable in her life.

"Luna Oswald," Gamma Elroy called her once again.

Luna Oswald looked at him and arched an eyebrow in question.

"The pack will support you," Gamma Elroy said as his tone of voice became firm. "We will make it again. They will always be with us as long as we have not forgotten them, we need you, Luna."

Gamma Elroy bowed his head and turned to leave.

Luna Oswald is left alone once again in the office. She stood up and walked towards the window, sweeping the curtain sideways, the view of people working together to restore their homes appeared.

It was noisy outside but that noise didn't seem to enter Luna Oswald's ears. It seems as if she was only watching a silent movie. The heaviness inside her chest is getting heavier once more.

The burden of supporting a whole pack cannot be done alone. She used to have her Beta beside her but now, he's gone. Her rock, her shield, the person who was always there for her is gone.