Chapter 16 | Heart of Ice ( Part II )

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 16 | Heart of Ice ( Part II )

Luna Oswald watched as Alpha Horton froze in his place. She knew that she was sticking her nose into other people's business but she wanted to know, no — a part of her needed to know what this Alpha did to his mate.

Or at least her wolf did.

"I was young, and naïve, and stupid," Alpha Horton started. "I wanted a female shifter as my mate but when I saw my true mate, all I wanted was her. But I didn't listen to my heart, so I rejected her."

Luna Oswald was surprised to know that she felt uncomfortable knowing this. Alpha Horton was supposed to feel hurt, he was the one who should suffer but why does her heart ache?

Luna Oswald could feel her wolf getting silent.

"The pack will fall without a Luna," Alpha Horton continued. "That's what they always say but I didn't listen to it because I had my chosen Luna." He said so bitterly.

"I never thought that I would lose my mate because of what I did, I was blinded by power that I didn't see the most important person in my life in front of me. I continued to hurt her, I was so confident that she wouldn't leave, the she'll always be here because she's still my true mate." Alpha Horton ran both of his hand into his hair. "I was wrong, I was so wrong..."

"I hurt her the most and yet she always stayed but then I did something so despicable, I hurt her so much that she decided to leave. Forever." He said so brokenly that Luna Oswald felt something for him.

Pity?

"What did you do?" Questioned Luna Oswald, she found herself being slowly unable to breathe. It was as if an invisible hand is slowly holding her heart. She was feeling pain.

But she dismissed that thought.

Maybe she feels for the poor Luna of the Moon Dawn Pack.

Luna Oswald noticed that Alpha Horton was trying hard to control his dam of emotions. It seems as if cracks are starting to appear in his walls. An Alpha must never show weakness.

"I marked and mated someone else."

Hearing that, Luna Oswald's heart hardened even more. She could feel the slow and steady rage building up inside her. Luna Oswald tried to feel for her wolf and was surprised to find out that her wolf was whimpering in pain.

Luna Oswald glared at the man in front of her, she disliked him even more.

An Alpha who rejected his true mate and chose someone else.

"Did you reject your true mate before you marked and mated somebody else?" Luna Oswald asked. Her temper was on the rise and his next words will determine how she would act.

As a fellow female, this act would be unacceptable. If your true mate didn't reject you and chose to mark and mate someone else while the bond between you and your true mate still exists is like having your heart ripped apart and pure silver being poured on your whole body. The pain would be indescribable, what kind of mate would deliberately hurt their other half?

"I didn't completely reject her, Luna Oswald." Alpha Horton said finally letting a tear go. "We were still bounded when I decided to mark and mate somebody else." His voice was like a whisper but Luna Oswald heard it.

She saw red.

She didn't know why she was so hurt, probably because she knew the pain of losing the one you love but it wouldn't compare to this.