Chapter 39 | Keeping Secrets

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 39 | Keeping Secrets

Two days later

Luna Oswald walked towards Alpha Horton's room while clutching the letter that Alpha Horton wrote.

"Alpha Horton?" Luna Oswald asked as she knocked on his door.

"Come in." A deep husky voice coming from the other side replied.

Luna Oswald grabbed the door knob and twisted it open. She walked inside the room and saw Alpha Horton standing by the window, an orange glow was casted all around his room.

He looked ethereal under the light coming from the setting sun but a lingering coldness could be felt from his body. Such polar opposites, yet it still complemented him.

"Luna Oswald, please have a seat." Alpha Horton said as he gestured Luna Oswald's figure towards the leather chair in front of him.

Luna Oswald took a seat and Alpha Horton joined her by sitting on the opposite chair facing her. She crossed her legs together and pushed the letter towards Alpha Horton.

"Alpha Horton, I came here to ask about the letter you gave me. I wasn't able to come earlier since a lot of things have been going on, but now I would like to use this time for you to answer my questions. " Luna Oswald began as she focused her gaze on him.

Alpha Horton nodded his head in response as he straightened his posture. Something flashed in his eyes.

"Tell me more." Luna Oswald urged as she looked at the man in front of her with expectant eyes. Her eyes were slightly lively right now as anticipation burned within her.

Alpha Horton cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "Luna Oswald," he began with a nervous tone.

"What is it?" Luna Oswald asked.

"Do you believe in giving second chances?" Alpha Horton questioned with his eyes looking at her expectantly.

Luna Oswald stayed silent for awhile, as if thinking about his question.

"Maybe," Luna Oswald answered.

Alpha Horton subtly sighed in relief.

"Luna Oswald, if I may ask you — if you were to know that you have a true mate, what would you do?" Alpha Horton continued to ask.

"Is this related to your letter?" Luna Oswald asked with her brows slightly furrowed.

"Yes, Luna." Alpha Horton answered.

"I would reject him." Luna Oswald answered straightaway.

Pain flashed inside Alpha Horton's eyes but he masked it with pained smile.

"You are very straightforward, Luna Oswald," Alpha Horton chuckled. "But imagine what would your true mate feel?"

"I cannot love another man again, Alpha Horton. Sylvan is the only man that I would ever love in this life." Luna Oswald said then continued in a gentle manner. "I may not be his true mate but our love is true. I will let go of my true mate for him."

"But you are only saying this because your memories aren't complete!" Alpha Horton bellowed.

Luna Oswald was surprised by this and watched as Alpha Horton's eyes slowly turn yellow in color.

His wolf is showing.

"Why are you so worked up?" Luna Oswald asked.

Alpha Horton froze for a while.