Chapter 30 | Remembering You

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 30 | Remembering You

With a cry of anguish escaping his lips, Alpha Horton suddenly sat up from his bed; his body is tensed and his hands were vaguely shaking.

Out of all days, and out of all the memories to remember. He remembered the day he failed his true mate.

It was all his fault.

If only he wasn't that greedy for power, his mate would still be beside him and who knows?

Maybe they have a family now.

Alpha Horton closed his eyes and brought up a hand to clutch his aching chest. He remembered the day she ran away, remembered the unbearable pain of losing her.

And ever since that day has passed, Alpha Horton somehow became a shell of the Alpha he used to be. Slowly, he lost himself.

'Alpha,' A pack membered called him.

'We checked Rosaline's room and found a letter, Alpha.' That same voice continued.

Alpha Horton stood up from his kneeling position. He has already been kneeling for the past ten minutes, unable to stand because of what he'd felt earlier.

He felt his bond with Rosaline finally break.

She was dead.

Slowly and weakly, Alpha Horton approached her room. There, his new Delta stood clutching a piece of paper.

The only thing left of his mate.

Alpha Horton's hands trembled once he got a hold of the paper.

"Leave." He ordered his Delta.

His new Delta Kirvern Austus bowed his head in respect and quietly left. Once all alone in the room, Alpha Horton opened the letter and was assaulted with her warm, fragrant scent.

His eyes widened and tears gathered around it.

Only then did Alpha Horton let go of everything else that he was feeling.

If only he'd listen to her.

If he only gave her a chance.

If only...

Alpha Horton clutched the letter closer to his heart. His true mate died under his nose. If he were only much more responsible, if he just cared for her enough then she wouldn't have suffered this much.

'Rosaline,' Alpha Horton thought to himself. 'I am so sorry...'

"I'm sorry, my mate." Alpha Horton said weakly.

This was all his fault.

And this thought haunted him for years, and years to come.

Back in the present day, Alpha Horton was shocked to see that someone else is inside his room. His eyes adjusted in the darkness and saw a very familiar figure that he had seen and talked to a few days earlier.

"Hastis," Alpha Horton began. "What are you doing in here?" He said as he cleared his throat and ran his hands through his messy hair.

"I was always watching, Alpha Horton." Hastis said slowly. "I was there on that day."

Alpha Horton looked up in question.

"What are you talking about?" Alpha Horton asked.

"The day you lost, Rosaline."