Epilogue | The Story

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Epilogue | The Story

Two years later

Alpha Horton smiled with joy filling up his handsome features.

Everything is finally ready and today is the day where he will finally ask his long awaited question. His efforts all paid off and all that's left is to spend the rest of his life with his mate.

Alpha Horton saw Rosaline walking towards him with her eyes covered by a blindfold. She's being guided by a pack member towards him and Alpha Horton had to swallow down his nervousness.

They have come a long way to achieve this moment today. It wasn't easy and their life was filled with challenges. Their fates may have gone into separate ways but in the end, it followed the right track.

Alpha Horton closed his eyes in satisfaction. He will treasure this special day.

Rosaline now stood in front of him.

His hands became a little bit sweaty and he once again tried to feel for that little box in his right pocket.

Rosaline removed her blindfold and her eyes slightly widened in wonder. They were now in Alpha Horton's territory and trees covered their location. A sparkling lake can be seen beside them and small, twinkling lights covered the whole area, as the sun slowly began to set. It was a very simple setting but it made her feel at home.

The sounds of birds chirping, the smells of the grass and flowers spread throughout the place. It made her wold want to run and feel the wind on its fur.

"This place is wonderful," Rosaline said as she observed the place. She noted the small details that Theseus made and smiled lightly.

"Thank you, Theseus."

Theseus slightly shivered as his mate called out his name. He will never get tired of her calling him by his name.

"Rosaline, I wanted to show you this place and let you see how the pack has changed because of you. Two years have passed since then and I am very grateful for your kindness and courage. You gave me another chance and accepted me as I am. I am so honored to have been blessed by the Moon Goddess with you as my fated mate." Theseus began and he solemnly looked into Rosaline's eyes.

"I am standing in front of you now to formally ask you a question," Theseus slowly bent one knee as he grabbed the small box.

He was so nervous that his hands slipped and the box bounced away.

"Oh my!" Theseus exclaimed as he tried to catch the falling box.

Rosaline laughed lightly at the sight and Theseus can feel his cheeks slightly burning.

He finally grabbed the box and immediately tried to fix his pose. He cleared his throat and looked into Rosaline's eyes once again.

"Rosaline, my mate, I vow with the Moon Goddess as my audience to always stay true to you from this life and the next, to love you till the day that I die and to care for you unconditionally," Theseus said as his next words were said softly. 

"I love you with all my heart. With my life for yours, I am willing to die for you. Will you be my wife?" 

Rosaline looked at her true mate and lightly smiled. Her mind is clear now and her heart is healed. The scars may never completely fade but that is what makes her Rosaline Cavrandos.

She is no longer confused and is willing to try again. She was given another chance by the Moon Goddess and this time...

It is finally right.