Chapter 50 | Confrontation

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 50 | Confrontation

Alpha Horton looked at his mate, his eyes were filled with shining hope. As Luna Oswald pulled back her hood and sat on the chair beside his bed.

"Rosaline," Alpha Horton called once more.

Luna Oswald narrowed her eyes in displeasure. Her hands slightly trembled as her hair slightly turned lighter.

Alpha Horton didn't notice this change and just continued to watch his mate.

"Alpha Horton do not forget that I am also Avarielle Oswald, the ruling Luna of this Pack." Luna Oswald began. "Please just address me as Luna Oswald."

"But you are my mate," Alpha Horton reasoned out.

Luna Oswald's eyes flashed into a pure gold color. The memories that she had tried to suppress bursted out.

"The Moon Goddess may have returned our mate bond but that does not mean that I am accepting this connection between us. I am only honoring the Moon Goddess by not rejecting this bond once more." Luna Oswald said in a cold and emotionless voice. "I am never accepting you as my mate. I have already given my love to someone else." Luna Oswald ended sa sadness flashed within her eyes.

Alpha Horton only stayed silent and it seemed as if he wanted to raise his hand to grab Luna Oswald's hands.

And then...what?

Alpha Horton knew that he couldn't do anything; not now, since everything is still fresh within Luna Oswald's mind, and her memories have finally returned — which also means that all the pain and the suffering that she felt while living in his pack was all remembered.

Shame filled up his entire being.

"Ros-Luna Oswald," Alpha Horton said in a pained voice. "Can you give me another chance? Can we possibly start over?" He questioned as he looked hopefully at his mate.

Luna Oswald snorted in disdain.

"Ask yourself this question: if you were me, would you want to accept the person who tried to kill you?

Will you accept the person who didn't want you before?

Will you accept the person who didn't believe in you, who chose to mark and mate someone else, who decided that you will never be fit rule beside him.

Will you still want to spend the rest of your life with that person?" Luna Oswald questioned harshly.

"Do you really take me as a fool, Alpha Horton?"

※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎—※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎

Luna Oswald left Alpha Horton who stayed silent throughout her visit. She went back inside her office and tried to finish up her work.

She poured out all of the frustration that she felt into her work.

Once everything is finally done, Luna Oswald went back into her room. Once outside the door, she smelled something and looked down.

A single red rose is laid in front of her door with a note attached to it. Luna Oswald smelled a familiar scent and chose to pick up the rose.

Luna Oswald didn't bother to read the note. She crumpled it and threw the flower into the trash bin. She went inside her room and decided to rest.

Alpha Horton decided to finally reply to Luna Oswald and urged a pack member to pass his answer with a single rose to Luna Oswald.

Alpha Horton waited inside his room in the hospital, in hopes that Luna Oswald will come and visit him.