Chapter 3- Ms. Grumpy

Literally the rest of the day was boring. It was so boring that I actually ended up leaving during lunch to go to the ring with Des and watch people fight. That doesn't happen a lot because Des doesn't like going there because people there quote on quote 'don't know how to dress properly and also smells like sweat'. Right when she said that statement I literally gave her such a deadly glare that the saying 'If looks could kill' was true she would be dead.

Right now we are at the bar drinking and chatting. There is also the sound of cheers coming from the ring as people cheer and wait for the gruesome fight to end. In the end people are either ecstatic or disappointed.

"So are you nervous for your fight tomorrow?" Des ask me.

"Not really," I down the rest of my third drink and wave at the bartender so he can get me another.

"Well you drinking a lot is definitely a sign of stress," she points out.

"You know what Des. There are problems in my life that cause this and you can't just go assuming things," I raise my voice getting the attention of a few people around us.

"L calm down you are getting mad again. Why can't you just be happy for a second of your life," her eyes showing some worry.

"It's hard to smile and be care free when everybody and everything seems to be against you," I whisper.

"Huh?" she looks at me confused.

"Nothing..." I close my eyes letting my mind go back to its normal state.

I pick up my drink and end up drinking it all in one go. I pull out a cigarette hoping to release some stress by walking outside for a little while.

I walk out of there without warning Destiny. These episodes happen a lot. They used to be way worse where I would almost make Destiny cry. That was when I was younger though. I've learned to control it a little but there are still times when out of no where I feel like the world is hating me. Most of the world seems black at times. Seems there is no color. No light. But what can you do. I am damaged and broken. It's impossible to fix how I see things now because it's kind of stuck to me. It's like a pesky bug that just won't go away.

I light my cigarette and take a big drag of it. I sigh as I look down the alleyway which leads to the door to the ring.

Who would have known that just stumbling on it one day would have lead me here. The day I first came here I was so mad. I was raged with everything and everybody. I forced the people of the place to let me fight and I went under the name of Miss Payne. I never knew how strong I was until I ended up knocking out the guy I was fighting. Everybody was so proud of me and they chanted my name. The adrenaline helped my motivation to continue. It also helped to relieve anger.

"Well if it isn't Miss Payne," I snap my head in the direction of the voice.

There standing is James also known as Blair. He is another fighter and he is my biggest competitor.

"What the hell do you want because I won't hesitate to snap your neck," he chuckles at my response.

"Not a good day for you I'm assuming," he smirked at me.

"Please just leave before I end up asking not so nicely," I glare at him.

"Wow feisty today are we?" I scowled at his response taking another big drag of my cigarette.