Chapter 32- The Phone Call

I'm sitting in the bleachers alone like it has been lately and I bent my head down resting it on my knees. I'm waiting for the bell to ring so I can leave this hell hole of a school. The music coming from my earbuds seems like it's in a different dimension as I can only hear it faintly even though it is almost on max volume. My eyelids feel heavy but I force myself to stay awake. I finally lift up my head looking around at the students walking around and chatting or sitting in the bleachers too. I spot Bo with Mason and other people in their gang who go to our school. Mason looks up and sees me looking at them so he glares at me. I roll my eyes then I look at my phone to check the time. Twenty minutes left still.

I groan out loud and some people around me look at me weirdly.

"Hey how are you surviving without your Romeo," I look up in front of me to see Jackson walking towards me so I take out my headphones.

"I would say a stupid remark but honestly I don't have the energy to," I put my head back on my knees.

I hear Jackson sit next to me, "If anything I think Bo is more miserable then you."

I sit back up to look at Bo and I see him looking at Jackson and I talking but as soon as I look at him he looks away, "I know he is being very stupid and wants me to call him today and pretend I'm this random dude while talking on the phone just to catch up with me."

"Wait you guys talked? When?" Jackson looks at me curiously.

I lay my head on my knees again, "He saw me at a cafe this morning."

"Really?" I can hear the confusion laced in his voice.

"Mhm," I hum in response.

"What happened?" Jackson asks another question.

"I was just having a 'jolly-good-ole-mornin' then he walked in and we talked for probably no longer then two minutes," I say sarcasm obviously in my voice. "Then he brought up the idea to do the calling thing and I agreed to it. Why did I agree to it?"

Jackson laughs, "In sorry but I can't help you answer that question."

I groan and sit back up to look at the time again. Ten more minutes.

"Ugh why is time so slow," I sigh looking off into space.

"Are you counting down until class ends or until you can see Bo again," Jackson smirks at me.

"The first one dim-wit," I glare at him and he just laughs.

Jackson leans back so his elbows are resting on the seat behind him, "How come I've never talked to you?"

"My guess is because I'm that weird secluded girl who had one friend and can punch somebody in the face if they get on my bad side," I shrug my shoulders

Jackson pretends to think, "Nah I don't think it's that reason."

I roll my eyes, "Then kind sir why don't you tell me." I speak with a bad British accent.

Jackson talks back to me with an even worse British accent, "I don't know."

We both break out into a fit of laughter.

"You wanna know the truth though," Jackson finally says once the laughter dies down.

I look at him confused, "What?"

"You're hot as fuck and honestly I would bang you if you would let me," he winks at me.

I roll my eyes, "God damn it Jackson. Go find some other girl to fuck senseless or even better just don't."