Chapter 9- Late Night Run

I wake up realizing I feel asleep on the floor last night. I also have a huge hangover which is a lot of fun. I don't know when I fell asleep but it is now 11:26 and I'm just now awake. I slowly get up and feel a sting come from my side that reminds me of what happened yesterday. My back is now sore because I slept on the ground which is a great combination with the pain coming from my side.

I quickly take some medicine to get rid of my hangover. Then I go up to my room and put on some lazy clothes because I have nothing planned today except for watching Netflix. I go downstairs and I turn on the tv. I decide to watch Black Mirror.

After awhile my stomach growls so I go and grab some food from my kitchen but realize I need to go to the store. I groan and put on some shoes and get in my car. I quickly drive to the closest grocery store.

I pull into the parking lot and get out of my car and walk into the store. I go to almost every isle getting whatever I think I need. I grab some snacks to just in case.

In the middle of my grabbing some food I see Destiny in the isle I'm about to go in so I turn around and I'm about to walk away when she says my name.

"Layla!" She says in a sassy tone.

"What do you want I'm just trying to buy food in peace," I say rolling my eyes and turning around to look at her.

"Shouldn't you apologize for what you said yesterday to me?" she crosses her arms.

"Why should I apologize when it's true?" I copy her by crossing my arms.

"Do you really wanna start a fight right here?" She glares at me.

"You know what Destiny I'm going to be an adult and end this conversation here before either you or me do something we will regret," I grab what I wanted from that isle and walk away without looking back at her.

I quickly finish getting my groceries and pay for it all. I bring them to my car putting them all In the back seat. I drive back home to go back to watching Netflix.

~~~

A bag of chips and 1 season of Black Mirror finished later I look at the clock and realize it's almost 8 o'clock. Usually on weekends I don't like to be lazy because I will gain weight and I need to stay fit at all times.

So I turn off the tv and get up and throw away the whole bag of chips I ate. I go up to my room and put on a old band T-shirt I found and some workout pants. I tie my hair into a quick messy pony. I put my tennis shoes on and go outside and start to run.

I run as fast as I can to the hill but instead of the normal way I usually go I decide to go the long way.

Feeling the wind as I run and looking at the starry sky helps he feel relaxed when I'm running. All I can hear is the noise of my feet hitting the ground from every step I take.

After about fifteen minutes of running I start to sweat a little. I wipe it off with my T-shirt not caring if it is wet now.

About twenty minutes later I'm at the top of the hill looking off into the distance. I'm breathing heavily and bent over trying to catch my breath. After a few minutes of that I look up at the sky and take in its beauty.

The darkness is so beautiful but yet we know little about it. It's kind of scary to think about the infinite space compared to one little person who lives on planet earth. When you think about it that way it makes it seem like it wouldn't matter if I died because I'm so small compared to everything.

I don't really matter.

"What are you doing up here so late at night?" I turn around and see Mason. I ignore him and sit down and continue to look at the sky.

"Are you gonna answer my question or continue to be a bitch?" He asks.

"I went for a run," I answer simply and ignoring the fact that he called me a bitch.

"I'm kind of scared... are you being nice?" Mason says.

"No, I'm restraining myself from killing you for what you did," I say calmly.

"Like I said yesterday you have no proof that I told him to do that," I can tell he is probably smirking.

"Who cares about proof?!" I say turning around to look at him.

"The police," I scoff at his smart ass answer.

"You know what I'm leaving," I get up and I'm about to run off.

"Why are your parents not home yet?" He asks.

"Like I said they are on a business trip they'll come back when they finish," I run off before he questions me any more.

Wow today has definitely been interesting...

A/N-

I'm sorry I forgot to post this yesterday... but at least I'm posting... right?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry that it's short and not very interesting but it's fine.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME WHEN YOU SO THAT!!

See y'all later! BYEE BYEEEEEEE!