Chapter 11- Shoot Out

It's finally after school and I'm at the pizza place alone. I do wish Bo could have come but I understand that Mason would probably kill him. Quiet literally. Anyway I probably look like a loner just sitting here eating a whole pizza alone. Well the more pineapple pizza the better. I would probably die without pizza honestly.

There are a few other friends groups here from my school because this is a popular hangout spot in town. Mainly because their pizza is bomb and you would be a lunatic if you have lived here and never tried this pizza.

The place is called Gars Pizza. It's owned by a man named Peter Garcia at the moment but was founded by a man named Julio Garcia which is Peters grandpa but Peter is about fifty-two now and is planing to give it to his eldest son Ash when he graduates from high school which is this year. He's in my grade but he doesn't go to my school. I don't see him very often because he is usually with his friends.

We used to hangout all the time but I guess we have grown apart. I don't even remember the last time I saw him but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway my family was close to them and they are one of the only people who know about my parents being gone. Actually it's just them and Destiny.

I look away from my phone and see Peter walking my way.

"Layla! It's been awhile since you've came!" Peter says excitedly.

"I would come more often but I've been super busy," I hug Peter and smile.

"How's your home life?" He asks sitting at the chair across from me.

"I'm stable luckily. Just not very exciting," I comment.

"Well if you ever need company just call, I wouldn't mind coming over and chatting. I could also bring Antonio! He misses you so much!" He says.

Antonio was adopted because they wanted another kid so they though it was just easier to adopt then have to go through the whole prego phase.

"I miss babysitting him. How old is he now 4?" I ask him.

"No he is still 3 will be 4 in a few months!" He reminds me.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Well, I definitely will call you sometime and don't be scared to call me either I could maybe take care of Antonio sometime," I tell him.

"Actually, on Wednesday my wife is having a party and I was wondering if you could watch Antonio because he has preschool the next day and needs to go to bed early," he says.

"Yeah, that would be okay. I'll be there after school then," I smile at him.

"I'm sorry, I gotta go to the customers but I'll see you later," I say good bye and finish up my pizza.

I somehow ate the whole pizza.

I'm about to leave when I hear my name being called and I look up to see Mason looking at me.

"Layla, come here," Mason says to me.

I slowly get up not letting my guard down because no way in hell am I ever gonna trust Mason.

"What do you want?" I ask getting straight to the point.

He whispers in my ear, "Get everyone out of here somehow. We have to deal with something here."

Shivers run down my spine but I nod my head yes.

"There's a fire in the kitchen, everyone please evacuate!" I yell out loud and pretty much everybody starts to file out except one group of people.

They look super shady and they look at someone. I look to see who they are looking at and see a little girl scared to death.

Before I get the chance to do anything I hear gun shots. I run towards the girl and pick her up and bring her out of the place safely. I bring her to her mom who was freaking out. I decide to go back in because I saw Bo in there and there is now way I'm gonna let him get hurt. I sneak back in and see people hiding behind tables, fighting and bullets flying everywhere. I look around and I see Bo getting choked by some guy so quickly go in and kick the guy in the head and he falls over. I take the heel of my boot and smash his head in. His face caved in and blood gets everywhere. Luckily I'm wearing black.

"Layla get out of here!" Bo yells at me.

"Dude, I can handle myself," I smirk at him.

"Fine, if you can handle yourself here is a gun. Better get shooting," he hands me a gun and pulls one out of his pocket.

I turn off the safety on the gun and hide behind the counter. I peer over the counter and a bullet glides right past my face and I quickly go back behind the counter. I quickly go up and shoot the gun at a guy and hit him in the shoulder. A little while later I here sirens.

"Yo, we gotta move out, cops are here!" I hear Mason yell.

I quickly hide the gun in my jacket and run out the back door. I run as fast as I can through the allies. I remember that the street fighting place isn't to far from here so I quickly run through a few more allies and finally get there in a few minutes.

I run in and go over to Diego and hand him the gun.

"Woah, why are you giving me a gun?" He ask me and then looks at me realizing there is blood on my clothes.

"Is the extra clothes I left here still in my room?" I ask him.

"Yes... but you have to tell me what happened," he says.

"I will," I run to my room and quickly change and wipe off as much of the blood as possible from the fight.

I walk out of my room with my clothes I was wearing and throw them in a fireplace they have there. I then take the gun that I gave to Diego and take out all the ammunition. Then, I toss the gun in the fire as well and the bullets in the trash.

"Okay, what the hell happened?" Diego asks very confused.

"A shooting happened and police and I had to leave," I say trying to catch my breath.

"You didn't get hurt did you?" He asks looking at me making sure I am okay.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little out of breath from running," I say.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He ask.

"Can you just drop me off there so I can get my car," I ask him.

"Yeah," he tells the manager that he is leaving early and we leave to go get my car.

He drops me off and I thank him. When I get there there is a news team. They are interviewing a mom and a little kid.

"There she is," the little girl points at me and smiles.

I immediately recognize her as the little girl who I saved.

"Ma'am what happened in the shop," the news reporter asked me.

"Actually, it was a shoot out going on and I saved this little girl who was scared in the corner of the room. I quickly grabbed her and got her out safely," I say.

"Did you recognize anybody in the shoot out?" She asks.

"No, I did not," I lie. "I really need to get going"

"Thank you for informing us on what happened," she fake smiles at me and I do the same.

I quickly get into my car and drive home. Today has definitely been... interesting...

A/N-

Welp that was intriguing. I think.

So hope your having a good day and please stay safe. Don't know why I'm saying that but you never know what's gonna happen. I would never want any of my readers to get injured or die... y'all deserve life and I promise you that.

Sorry for getting a little deep but it's true.

Anyway PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! IT ALL MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ADDING THIS TO THEIR READING LISTS! IT SERIOUSLY MAKES MY DAY!! <3

See y'all later! Bye BYEEEEEE!