Chapter 57- Again

"Well Fury came in for a fight early this morning against some other out of state guy who was passing by. They had their fight and everything was going fine and Fury was winning. The guy who was fighting Fury had a buddy with him and when he realized his friend was losing he started yelling at Jerry our ref for today. He kept on claiming that he saw Fury with a weapon. Everybody clearly didn't see any weapon and the fight continued. Shortly before his opponent was about to be knocked out and this guy takes the drink he had in his had and throws it at the ground near where they were fighting. Fury got absolutely pissed and with one punch totally knocked the guy out. He didn't give the guy on the ground a second glance and ran towards the man who threw the drink. Next thing you know they are yelling across the room insults, while one is continuously throwing alcohol bottles at him. We couldn't call the police so I called you assuming you could help. Luckily, for once I was correct." He laughs trying to lighten the mood, "You know the rest of the story."

"Damn," I shake my head in disbelief.

"Are you sure James didn't do anything to you?" Diego asks again.

I nod my head, "Yes I'm fine, don't worry about me you big baby."

I playfully punch his shoulder and he laughs lightly but I see the slight worry behind his eyes. I don't bother to ask him as I know he always will be worrying about me no matter the situation. I could be living a luxurious life and he would still find a reason to worry.

"Lizzie has been asking me when you are going to come over again, she's been missing some girl talk," he winks at me not so subtly.

I laugh, "Tell her I'll give her a call and I can set up a date for me to come over. Anyway I better get back home to finish the school work before I was so rudely interrupted."

He gives me a hug, "Sounds good, and thank you again for helping out."

"Any day, can't have this placed surrounded by police again," I half heartedly joke.

I say my final goodbyes to everybody and I get quite a few thank you's from people I didn't expect. I'm surprised that even a quarter of these people actually have any feelings in them.

I make my way out of the building and out to my car. The cold breeze almost feels good and relaxes me but the scent of the air by the ring is always filled with cigarette smoke. So, I don't spend to much time in the somewhat refreshing air and get into my car. My car is colder then it is outside so I turn it on and blast the heat. I take one more glance at the building and then drive myself out of the parking lot and back home. I make it home pretty quickly and my house is exactly as I left it so I don't think to much about it. That's until I'm at the bottom of the stairs and hear a giant bang like someone falling or knocking something to the ground.

I find a bat that I had hidden behind a shelf downstairs. I feel my breathing becoming a little heavy but I try my best to ignore it. My head goes a little light as I try to get some air into my lungs. Though my brain only focuses on the sounds of the footsteps wondering around upstairs. It's giving me deja vu, the men, the needle, the cell... just everything. I get to the top of the stairs but I feel so weak. My brain creating the horrible images in my head. I try shaking my head to forget them and let them disappear. It doesn't work but only makes me feel dizzy, so I try to continue to ignore the images all popping up in my head.

I continue to make my way towards the noise and I realize it's coming from my room. I feel myself hyperventilating and my door is opened a crack. I only get to see the shadow of the figure pass by and I quickly move out of the way of the door. I lean my back against the wall and I close my eyes trying to take deep breaths. It does not help the images go away in my head. I feel myself slowly slide down the wall and tears well up in my eyes.

"Please go away," I whisper to myself trying to hold back my tears.

I hear the bat drop as it makes a loud thud my bedroom door swings open with a loud creek.

"Layla?" I hear a voice say but at this point it just seems like a background noise.

I hold my hands over my ears as if there was a loud noise going off. I try shaking my head to get rid of those memories. I try and try but nothing changes. I feel the pain, I see the cuts and bruises, and the weak girl. The blood that always seemed to cover the floor appeared everywhere in my brain. The continuous smell of the metallic blood filled my nostrils. The sound of screams of agony filled my ears. All of it coming back and hitting me at a full force that I was struggling to take.

I felt somebody touch me and I flinched away but I couldn't hear anything. I refused to open my eyes and my head felt so light. I was scared for one of the first times in awhile. Scared to repeat history and feel the pain that no human should ever have to go through.

I feel my body just slowly drift away and I don't attempt to stop it. I just want to let myself be in darkness... just for a few minutes...

A/N-

CEO of cliff hangers or what... like seriously...

Yes I am back, again. Hopefully to stay, but no promises.

As you all know we are in a Pandemic and we aren't in school. I'm slightly behind and haven't gotten to much time to write but I finally finished this chapter and it's another favorite not even gonna lie. I've been working on my writing and I def think this chapter does show some of my improvement. Though I do need to resist on not typing like how I text.

I'm going to try my hardest to get back into the swing of things and if I do for one I think I'll be writing and maybe posting at night as it's really my only free time. Especially when I can't sleep. So for now I think there will be no set schedule for posting but just posting when I finish a chapter and I've edited it to my liking. Like I've said before, I only wanna post chapters I'm truly proud of and I don't want tp half ass it. Sorry for my crude language.

Anyway, I need to say a huge thank you to anybody and everybody who has continued to support my story while I'm gone. I know I've said this before but I'm truly thankful. I will say it time and time again until everybody understands how thankful I am. I love every single one of you and let me say one final thank you.

I'm going to end this authors note here before gets toooo long.

I hope to se y'all in the next chapter hopefully, bye byyeeeeeeee!