Chapter 55- Lunch Room

The lunch room is loud and obnoxious as always. I make my way into the lunch line to grab some food, minding my own business. I hear people around me talking about the latest gossip or stuff that has been trending on social media. Once I have my food and paid for it I make my way over to the table Bo and I usually sit at. Surprisingly, Bo is there before me because usually I'm here first since my last class is so close to the lunch room.

"How's my beautiful lady?" Bo asks me.

I sit myself down in the seat right next to him, "I'm good, how did your mission go yesterday?"

He laughs sardonically, "Not well." He lifts up his shirt to reveal a bandage around his waist that has some blood soaking through slightly.

"What happened?" I ask him worried.

"Another shoot out but me versus about twenty other guys. I'm lucky I called some backup as soon as the deal had started to get fishy," Bo explains.

"Does it still hurt?" I inspect the wound the best I can but he doesn't give me to much time as he lowers his shirt.

He shakes his head and laughs light heartedly, "Nah, pain killers are the reason I can stand the slight pain."

I sigh knowing there isn't much I can do to help him out with and I hate the feeling of uselessness. Though it's kind of a reoccurring thing for me, to be useless and helpless. It happened when I was young and continues to happen currently. It really sucks because I feel I can't prove my feelings or let them be known to people. I may seem like the most confident person ever but you'll almost never hear me state my opinion in front of a crowd.

The clatter of trays being set down onto the table brings me out of my thoughts as Mason, Jackson, and a few other people I don't know join our table, which is unusual since they've never done this before.  Not long after they sit down some random girls that were sitting at a different table come to flirt with the boys.

"How's everything healing Bo?" one of the girls asks.

I look at the girl skeptically, wondering how she knows that Bo was shot before I did.

"It's fine," he replies dryly.

The girl giggles as if he said something funny, "My brother is still upset about how everything went down but maybe we could make a deal to make up for it?"

"No," Bo doesn't hesitate to answer, looking like he is about to kill her.

Well at least I found out how she knows about his wound.

She pouts, "Come on, Ive already had a taste of Mason and Jackson but they aren't enough."

"A even better reason why not to," Bo rolls his eyes.

She looks at me pissed because she isn't getting her way, "You're such a slut that you gotta keep him all to yourself. Reality check bitch, I'm better then you and he will eventually choose me."

She doesn't give me time to respond when she flips her hair and walks away angry. She's stomping her feet like a child who wasn't a loud to play games on their moms iPad.  It would be pretty funny if I wasn't so pissed at her for being such a bitch.

"Don't let her get to you, she's a bitch to any girl that breathes the same air as her," I look at Mason surprised that he said that as usually that's Bo's line.

I laugh slightly, "Most girls are like that in this school."

Mason actually genuinely laughs and nods his head, which I'm pretty sure if the others weren't surprised by his somewhat nice comment to me, well they were now.