Chapter 30- The Cliff

I feel my hair being yanked on to pick me up. I wince in pain and look up at the culprit. It's the same man as always. He hasn't told me his name and every time I ask him he just laughs and says 'figure it out'.

The man just scoffs at me and throws me on the ground and I groan in pain as I feel tears prick at my eyes. There is dried blood all over me and my clothes are trashed and could never be worn again in any life time.

When I attempt to sit myself up on the wall I groan again at the pain in my stomach from when I was kicked last time. It's possible I might have a few broken ribs but I can't do anything about them so it's hopeless to even do anything.

"I'm going to ask you again kid and I won't stop until you tell me," the man growls at me.

"I've told you my dad had a business meeting and went out of town with my mom so they decided to have a little alone vacation. I don't know where they went because I never asked," I say with a surge of confidence hoping he will believe me this time.

I feel my head be whipped to the side and a stinging pain grows on my cheek. The man then continued to kick my back which caused my face to smash into the ground.

"You're just like you mother! You're so stubborn!" the man yells at me.

I just wince at the comment and the man bends down to be eye level again, "Tell. The. Truth."

I let out a frustrated groan, "I. Don't. Know."

The man lifts me up by my neck and slams my body against a wall and holds me there. I reach for his hand with my little hands and as I try to pry his hands away he tightens his grip.

"Your mother is a slut I don't get how you can stand her," the man says in disgust.

My vision becomes hazy as I try to get air back in my lungs but obviously unsuccessful. As I slowly lose consciousness I finally feel the man throw me on the floor. I quickly suck in some air but I do it way to fast and start having a coughing fit that hurts my stomach. A headache also grows in my head when my head it the ground. I try to open my eyes but I feel myself being forced into sleep from the pain. Before I finally close my eyes I feel a knife cut the back of my hand but before I get the chance to react to it I pass out.

I get up breathing heavily also with tears in my eyes and I faintly feel pain in my hand and I look down at the dirty bandages wrapped around my hands. Since Bo hasn't been able to have any contact with me I haven't changed my bandages for about five days since I keep on forgetting about them. I decide to go to my bathroom to take off my bandages. As soon as I pull them off my hands you can just see all the scabs forming on my hands but on my left hand there is a giant scar from when the man had cut my hand. It's always a reminder about what I've gone through and why I'm still here. I don't put new bandages back on my hands but I check the time to see it's about two thirty AM and as always I know I can't fall back to sleep so I just decide to go for a long run to get my mind off of things. I throw on a sports bra and some work out leggings then I head out my front door.

I start running to where I always go and I pass by all of the oh so familiar houses and buildings. I focus on my path of traveling the whole time hoping to clear my mind a little. A few cars pass by me while I'm running and some shady people are also just walking around the area. I push myself to run faster then I usually do and I start to feel the sensation of my burning lungs and I try to heave in some air while I'm running. I start to focus on my breathing. In and out. In and out.

Before I know it I finally arrive at the cliff that overlooks the town. I bend over and put my hands on my knees panting. I feel the beads of sweat run down my face and body. I just stare out at the small town I call home. I sit at the edge of the cliff and dangle my legs off of it. I swing them around like a child as I look at the view.

"So, how has it been without your 'bestie'," I don't bother turning around already knowing it's Mason.

I scoff, "What do you want? To torture me more?"

"As fun as that sounds I actually came for peace and quite but you're here," I can feel his glare on the back of my head.

"I could say the same to you too buddy," I laugh sarcastically.

"How did you even discover this place," he asks sitting next to me.

I finally look at him with my eyebrows raised, "So, now you want to be civilized?"

He rolls his eyes, "Just answer the damn question."

"I used to come here all the time as a kid and I had a picnic with my parents but... things have changed you could say," I sigh looking at the view trying to distract myself.

"Why have things changed?" Mason pries.

"Alrighty this conversation is done, I'm going to head home now," I get up and I run off without another word.

I run as fast as I can and again I focus on my breathing. In and out. In and out. I pump my legs as fast as they can go and I feel the sweet sensation of slight pain in my legs. I push my limits losing my breath a little and having hard time keeping up with my own pace.

Soon I see my house in front of me and I slow down as I approach. I rest my hands on my knees again like I did before to catch my breath. By the time my breathing is even I finally walk inside my house and I go straight to the bathroom upstairs, next to my room, to shower. I turn the water up to burning hot then I strip off my clothes. I get in the shower and as soon as the hot water hits my back I feel my tense muscles finally relax. I sit there for awhile relishing the feeling of the hot water as it washes away the sweat coating my body. Finally, I start to actually clean my hair and body.

Getting out of the shower after fully cleaning myself I feel the cold air hit my body as I wrap a towel around my body which brings little warmth. I walk to my room and I pull open my dresser and I grab a pair of light washed high waisted jeans. Then I go to my small closet and grab a old sweatshirt I stole from my moms closet. It's a little to large for me but I still wear it any way liking the comfort it surrounds me in. Quickly I blow dry my hair then I throw it into a very bad looking bun. I don't bother to do makeup since it usually makes me breakout because I'm a teenager and that is what happens. I grab my phone checking the time and my bright screen lights up telling me it's only six fifteen AM. I groan and decide to go to a small twenty-four hour cafe in town. So, I run down the stairs and grab my car keys and I throw my backpack on my shoulder. Lastly, I grab my wallet and I walk out the door. I get into my car and throw my backpack in the back seat then I drive off towards the main part of town.

A/N-

SURPRISE CHAPTER TODAY!!!!

Honestly speechless at how fast this book is growing but I'm proud of myself and so thankful for y'all. Also Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans out there who are reading this book. Hope you had a magical day filled with you stuffing your face with turkey, mashed potatoes, and whatever else people eat because everybody is different. I'm happy to say I stuffed myself fuller then the turkey was and I don't regret it. Seriously though I'm so thankful for y'all and this story is already at 1.6k reads which is crazy and never in a million years did I ever think I would get the chance to have people like you guys read my book. You guys are so sweet and kind and I couldn't ask for better readers!

I'm going to stop ranting now and shout out a bunch of peeps. Thank you too @IsabellaAguerrero @breyelia @missabrahamse @kitkatbreaktime @ohana190 @MinYoongilsLife001 @tsspammm @PVPANDA @EsmeraldaLacerda0 and @Naomimarie2005 for reading my book! If you want to be shouted out next chapter then add this story to your public library and I'll try to shout you out! Sorry if I missed anybody but I try my best to get everybody.

I hope you have a magical day and I'll see you guys hopefully on Sunday! Bye byeeeeeeee!