Chapter 37- Breakfast for Dinner

Tears still continue to stain my face as I keep on crying. I refuse to look up.

I'm not weak.

I'm not weak...

I'm-I'm... weak...

I hear somebody's faint whispers in my ear as I come back to reality, "Everything is going to be all right."

The voice slowly gets clearer and I recognize it as Bo's, "You're safe. I won't let anybody hurt you."

I curl up closer to him, still I continue to sob and hold onto him like a life line.

I never really got this kind of support after the 'incident' but it really feels nice. I mean I had Mr. Garcia and his family but I didn't see them as often as I wish I could.

After my tears finally stop I look up at Bo and as soon as he sees my face he smiles at me. He wipes my tears with the back of his thumb and I laugh. He just looks at me weirdly like it's a bad moment to be laughing. I mean it kind of is but his cliché-ness is just so different to me.

I sit up to face Bo and I hug him. I rarely hug people because I'm not big with 'human contact' but this moment is an exception. He of course hugs be back, wrapping his arms around my some-what small waist.

We sit there for awhile but Bo pulls away to look at me, "Are you okay?"

I look down and tuck my hair behind my ear, "I'm fine."

"I know better then to believe that fine means your actually okay. What is wrong? You can always talks to me," Bo assures me and I look up to his alluring blue eyes.

"Thank you," I whisper.

Bo smiles, "Layla, I just want to say I'm not doing this just to be nice, well I mean I am trying to be nice but that's not my point, I want to be there for you so you always have someone to talk too. I know there isn't something you aren't telling me but I'm not going to force it out of you but I still hope you will tell me at one point. I promise I mean only good to you and I would never purposely hurt you."

"You have no idea how much it means to me for you to say that," I lean in and smash my lips onto Bo's lips for the second time today but then I hear somebody clear their throat.

I instantly pull away and feel my face heat up. Then I look up at the person and I actually see Jackson and Mason but I quickly look away.

"I expect you at the gang house in an hour and if you are a second late you will be begging for me to kill you," I hear Mason demand Bo and I'm guessing he is glaring at us too.

Then their footsteps are heard as they go towards Bo's bedroom door. Then the door is slammed shut and I finally look up to see Bo glaring at the door.

Bo finally looks back at me, "I'm sorry about what happened..."

"It's not your fault," I reply quickly but he just gives me the 'Are you serious?' face.

"I shouldn't have fought him and none of this would have happened," Bo looks at me with sad eyes.

I don't reply to him but I look away and out the giant windows. I just stare at the small garden placed to the right of the backyard. It has its assortment of flowers with many different colors. Then it looks like there is a few raspberry bushes. The raspberries aren't in season though so there isn't any growing on the bushes but I used to have some. There was some in my backyard but I just don't know when or how we got them. I don't remember if my mom was the one with the gardening hobby or my dad. I haven't put to much thought into it.

"Layla, as much as I'd love to spend more time with you I might head to the gang house early so Mason doesn't give me and excuse to kick me out of the gang. Also, I would offer to drive you home but you probably will want your car," Bo gives me a small smile which I return.

I get up off the floor and walk towards his bedroom door and he follows me, "It's fine. I understand that Mason is an absolute ass."

I try to lighten the mood with my joke but all conversation stops for a second as we stand there awkwardly looking at each other.

Bo finally breaks the silence, "Well I'll show you to the door then."

We both walk out of his room and we go back downstairs to the front door. We both make our way outside and Bo opens my car door open for me. I thank him then I get in. Before Bo closes it he kisses me on the cheek then closes my door. I feel my face heat up a little but I quickly back out of the drive way. I make my way towards my house and I get there pretty quickly. I grab my school bag out of my car and throw it on the floor.

I stop for a second and I look around at my house. It looks barely even lived in. Some shelves have dust growing on them while most of the house is just very neat and put together. The kitchen though is a little messy since I have to make my own breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I walk to my fridge to look for something to make but realize there is almost no food so I make a mental note to go to the store soon. For dinner I end up choosing to make breakfast for dinner. I grab a bag of frozen hash browns, bacon, and pancake batter. I set them on the counter then I grab out some pots and pans plus whatever other ingredients I would need to make my food. I right away start to make my food and finish making it pretty quickly and efficiently.

I plate my food and take it over to my couch and sit on it alone eating my food. The quite atmosphere makes me aware of any noise that I hear whether it comes from outside or inside. Then suddenly the silence is disrupted when my phone rings signaling someone is calling me.

I answer the phone and bring it up to my ear to see who it is.

"Hey Layla, I was just wondering if we could talk about something," I hear Bo's voice on the other side of the line.

"Yah sure, what is it?"

A/N-

I know this chapter is kind of boring and short but I'm trying my bestest to get to the good part even though it may take awhile. Like there is this idea I've had in my head for such a long time now and I can't wait for when I can post that chapter. I'm sorry though because I can't give you guys any hints or anything at all because I want it to be a minor surprise.

Leave a comment: What do you think the surprise in the story will be?

Anyway, thank you to @NaomeLagrido @Alexisspiderxx @izzy_1525 @baby_bros @emilyjanssen49 @PatriciaCaguioa @rose1639 @wildflower10v3 @mayqueen_13 @TaraBain6 @CaitlynEkure @panhiavang300 and @kajoldeonarine for reading my book! You are amazing for adding my book to your library. I appreciate it so much! If you want to be shouted in the next chapter then add this story to your public library! I try to get as many people as possible so I'm sorry if I ever miss your name.

Love you guys lots and hope I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Bye byeeeeeeeeeeee!