Chapter 29- Punishment

I whisper to Bo but loud enough for Mason to hear, "Wow can't wait for the lecture from our dad."

Bo looks at me wide eyed and nudges me and I just laugh. I look at Mason to see him glaring at me as if he is testing me to say something else.

"What?" I say blankly to Mason

Mason glares at me, "I didn't say anything."

"My god my dad used to say-," I stop mid sentence realizing what I said.

"What do you mean by 'used to'?" Jackson asks this time and I just glare at him.

"Layla answer the question," I look at Mason who has his eyebrows raised expecting an answer.

I scoff, "My life isn't of any concern to you guys so why do you care?"

Mason laughs unamused, "Pipsqueak, I never said I cared just... curious."

I squint my eyes at him suspiciously, "Both of you aren't getting any words out of me."

"Fine, if you won't talk about that then let's talk to Bo about the fact that he brought you with us which caused us not to be able to complete our deal," Bo and I exchange glances for a second.

"It's not-," Mason cuts me off, "I thought I said I'd talked to Bo."

"Mason I take full blame for what happened back there and I accept any discipline you give me," Bo bows his head in respect towards Mason which causes Mason to smirk and look at me.

I look at Bo bug eyed and surprised that he even did that. He has never been the kind of person to step down and not defend himself in a situation. Mason must have a lot of control over the people in his gang if he got Bo to do that without actually doing anything.

"I think you should receive your punishment right now," Bo looks at him confused but doesn't stop him. "You will, starting today, ignore Layla for a week. If you either refuse or fail to do this you will immediately be kicked off the gang. Also, don't think you can get away with it when I'm not around because I have other men in your classes and I'll inform them so, if you think you can get away with it they will inform me if any interaction goes on. Lastly, everyday after school until you have to go home you are to be present at the warehouse. Understood? " Mason again smirks happy with his punishment.

"Yes, I understand," Bo bows his head again and I look at the both of them in disbelief.

"Mason you can't do that! You don't control his fucking life!" I yell angrily.

"I can and I did. Jack will be taking you back to school right now. I have to talk to Bo a little more," Mason nods his head at Jackson and Jackson grabs my arm and pulls me towards his car.

I struggle in his grip but he doesn't let go, "Let go of me you bastard!"

"Make this easy for the both of us and just get in the car," Jackson sighs obviously annoyed he has to deal with me.

I quickly just give in and get in his car. As we back out of the driveway I see Mason punch Bo but I know I can't hop out of the moving vehicle. I just wince as soon as I see it happen but then I look away not wanting to watch what is going to happen next.

"Is Mason always that strict?" I ask Jackson.

Jackson sighs, "He wasn't always like that. Until awhile back are gang got ambushed and we lost a lot of supplies so Mason started to take it more seriously but he is only like that when he is doing gang stuff. Mason is truly a nice guy when you get to know him. You have just constantly seen his bad side."

I scoff rolling my eyes, "Nice and Mason should never be used in the same sentence."

"Like I said you have just constantly seen his bad side," Jackson says ending the conversation so the rest of the car ride is quite until we get to school.