Chatpter 38- Shipped away

"I don't really know how to break this to you...," I hear Bo trail off.

I groan in frustration, "Spit it out."

I hear Bo take a deep breath, "So, I am being in a way 'shipped off' for a mission but we will still be able to talk at least. Also, I'm not leaving for another week but then I'll be gone for two weeks."

"Bo, it's fine," I sigh through the phone.

"No it's not. It's all my fault I shouldn't have initiated the fight or fought back or-," I cut him off. "Stop Bo! We have a week and like you said we still will be able to communicate."

The line goes quite for a second then Bo finally speaks, "I'm coming over."

"No Bo it's fine-," now I get cut off. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

He hangs up and I groan. I shove my phone in my pocket. I start stuffing food in my face again and silence fills the room again. I end up finishing my food pretty quickly from the speed I was eating it so I throw away my paper plate and plastic fork. As soon as my garbage closes I hear the doorbell ring.

I walk to the door and open it. As I suspected Bo is standing there. I just motion for him to enter and he quickly does so.

For once he doesn't sit on the couch and I raise my eyebrow at him curiously, "So upset that you don't even want to sit down."

"U-uh no. I was just hoping that we could go to your room or something?" Bo says suspiciously but I ignore it and motion for him to follow me.

We walk up the stairs that has pictures hung up on the wall as you walk up and down them. We reach the upstairs and we turn to our right into the first door. I open it up and right away Bo starts looking around at everything.

My walls are painted a very light blue since that is the color I've had since I was little. I never bothered to change it because it's to expensive and I never have the time. Though my closet is pretty large I stuffed all of my old toys and stuff int there since I don't get much use out of them anymore. I didn't hang up any clothes in there since it's so filled with toys and what not but there is some old clothes. My white bedside table has a small clock on it that doesn't work and a small picture of me with a ballon in my hand at some type of fair.

My brown hair is styled in a bun with pieces falling out from whatever activities I did before the picture was taken. My outfit consist of some blue jean overalls with a pink shirt that says 'beauty is within me'. My little sketchers tennis shoes are old and sporting some dirt on them. Of course I had a blue ballon though that I was holding onto like a life line and a faint smile on my face as my mom took the picture.

I remember faintly when she was editing the photo on her computer which brings a small smile to my face.

"You were a cute little girl," I hear Bo say pulling me out of my trance.

"How did you meet Mason?" I ask changing the subject.

"Are we going to start this 20 plus questions again?" Bo chuckles and sits on my bed with its blue and black sheets.

I roll my eyes, "Sure. Now answer my question."

Bo holds his hands up in defense, "Okay, okay. Well we first met in Kindergarten when he decided to rebel against the teacher. The teacher wanted us to sing something but like the stubborn person he is he refused to. Then when the teacher had asked to me to do it I sided with Mason. It ended up both of us sent to talk to the principle and our friendship bloomed pretty much."

"So you were a rebel child?" I laugh with raised eyebrows.

"Yes I was. Now my turn. When was the last time you celebrated Christmas?" Bo looks at me curiously.

"When my parents were still here."

"Wait. What?! Really?!"

"Uh yah. I mean sometimes I receive gifts from the Garcia's and if I'm lucky from Destiny. I didn't last year since I was trying to forget about the thought I wasn't spending this time with my family and I refused the present that the Garcia's were trying to give me."

"Why don't you spend it with my family I'm pretty sure they would-," I cut Bo off. "No, it's fine. I don't want to barge in on your family time."

Bo pulls me next to him on the bed and looks at me seriously, "I promise you my parents would be fine with it. If you just told them about your parents they would be understanding."

"Bo I can't tell them," I whisper looking down.

"What why not?"

"If they ever tell somebody else or the police find out I'm going into foster care. I'll lose this home and my memories. All of my stuff will probably be sold. I can't risk anybody finding out. It's bad enough that Destiny knows and you are lucky enough that I told you."

"Please Layla you can trust them."

"No I can't. I'm sorry Bo. To much would be on the line if they found out."

I get up off my bed and turn my back towards Bo. I just stand there for awhile not knowing what to say to him. Then suddenly I hear Bo move.

I feel his hands snake around my waist then he rests his chin on my shoulder, "Layla will you ever tell anybody?"

I feel shivers course through my body and I whisper, "I don't know."

"Well I should get going," Bo pulls away from me and I instantly miss the warmth his body brought.

"Okay."

Bo walks out of my bedroom door with a goodbye and I hear him make his way towards my front door. Then it's followed by the sound of my front door opening and closing.

I lay down on my bed letting sleep just overcome my body.

A/N-

Let me start off with an apology for not posting on Tuesday. I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas or any other holidays celebrated. I'm not trying to be rude for not naming the other holidays, it's just I don't know how to spell them because my brain is not working during this break.

My brain currently is off in Hawaii and is not functioning properly so if there is more grammatical errors then normal well now you know.

I mean the more you know! ;)

Okay I'm sorry about that. Also thanks for 9.2k reads y'all! I'm so close to 10k and I'm literally about to pass out from surprise. I don't think I deserve this amount of support but I'm so thankful for y'all anyway!

I'm kind of debating about starting another story on New Years but let me know your opinions????

Now time for my annual thank you's! (I don't think you's is a word but I don't know or care because I'm having a break from school)

Thank you so much @_suicidal_sheep_101 @n_shiels @hsinsl25 @ElenaTremaine @kuka0104 and @AngelinaDavid721 for reading my book! Y'all are so amazing and deserve the most wonderful things! If you want to be shouted out in the next chapter add this story to your PUBLIC library. I try to shout out as many people as possible so I'm sorry if I ever miss your name in the sea of notifications.

Love y'all to the moon and back and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter! Bye byeeeeeeee!

xxx