Chapter 23- Welcome to your First High Speed Chase

The worker opens the door to the cage and I walk in and Panda is just sitting there waiting for me. Once I get in I sit on the ground and wait for Panda to walk up to me. He looks at everybody in the room cautiously before walking up to me. He sits in front of me and I reach out my hand again to pet him. He allows me to pet him and then he lays down.

I don't know how long I did that for but after awhile me and Ash had to leave. I got up to leave but Panda tried following me.

"Panda stay," the worker ordered Panda.

Panda growled at him and barred his teeth. Ash pulled me out suddenly which made Panda very angry. Panda then tried to run out of the cage to get to me but the worker quickly slammed it shut. He started whining and chewing on the cage to get to me.

"It's okay," I tried to calm down Panda but Ash wouldn't let me go towards him.

"Layla you're not going anywhere. I don't want him hurting you," Ash says looking at me worried.

"He's not gonna hurt me," I cross my arms over my chest in annoyance but Ash looks at me not convinced.

"I think we should get going. Thank you for this experience," Ash says and then pulls me out the door and towards the exit.

"Let go of me Ash," I say struggling in his firm grip.

"That wolf could have killed you," Ash says stopping to look at me.

"He wasn't going to kill me," I roll my eyes and finally pull my arms out of his grip.

"Your fight starts in twenty-five minutes so we better get going," Ash turns around and starts walking towards my car in the parking lot.

"Wow your having more mood swings then me on my period," I whisper to myself.

"I heard that!" I hear Ash scream.

I just roll my eyes and catch up with Ash and walk by his side all the way to my car. I get into the drivers seat before Ash in which he tries to stop me but I just shut the door. He pouts then walks to the other side. I pull out of the parking lot and speed off towards the ring.

"Ok Layla we don't need a speeding ticket," Ash laughs at me.

"I'm fine I won't get pulled over. I never get pulled over," I say as I hear some sirens behind me.

"What were you just saying?" Ash asks me amused by the situation.

"Well I don't have a drivers licenses so welcome to your first high speed chase," I wink at him and I take an abrupt turn down a creepy ally.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!" I hear Ash yell at me.

"I don't have a legal guardian to bring with me to take my drivers test or even take my permit test so I'm self taught," I reply back coolly taking another sharp turn.

"This is not safe at all Layla!" he yells at me again.

"Well my life hasn't been safe ever since my parents disappeared," I huff and that shuts him up quickly.

After a few more turns I finally hear the sirens fade away. I drive quickly to the ring without getting caught luckily. We arrive and I hop out of my car and walk to the entrance to the ring. I walk in but I don't hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Ash glaring at the guard in front of the door.

I roll my eyes, "Charles he is with me let him in."

The guard moves out of the way to let Ash in. I walk past Diego without greeting him and he doesn't really react he just lets me walk past.

"Ash stay here," I order him and he stands there without a word.

I quickly walk into my room and I pass by my mirror and I for a brief second I see my reflection. I stop and look at my appearance in the mirror. I have huge bags under my eyes and a few wounds from fighting are showing here and there. I take off my outfit and put on my fighting clothes. I then tape my bruised and beat hands and pull my hair back into a high ponytail. I walk back to the mirror and look at it disappointed, like a parent that just caught their kid doing drugs or something like that. My life has turned into such a huge shit hole that I don't know if it will ever end.

I walk out of my changing room and walk over to the announcer dude and inform him I'm ready for the fight. He grabs his microphone then motions for this other guy to come over to the ring. The guy has got a lot of muscle and is pretty big and kind of intimidating. He scowls at me and I just roll my eyes and walk towards the corner of the ring. I look around at the crowd and I hear people cheering my name proudly. This makes me smile and before I know it I feel the adrenaline kick in. I hear the announcer finally introduce us and as soon as he says my name I jump into the ring and stare down my opponent. I can tell he is going to be more challenging because he is strong and pretty quick so I might have to play this one a little safer then usual.

We both square each other up and we hear the announcer finally start to count down and as soon as he says go we go at each other. He goes to punch me in the abdomen but I dodge it easily but before I know it another punch comes at my jaw. I think I hear something crack and I can't tell if it is my jaw or his knuckles. I recoil a little bit but ignore the pain. I quickly get back on my feet and kick him in his stomach. He hunches over for a split second but recovers quickly. I see the anger in him boil up and he comes charging at me full speed. I try to use that against him and try tripping him which kind of succeeds but he also lands on my legs. After a few struggles I'm on top of him hitting his face a few times but he regains his strength and pushes me off of him and I land on my back getting the wind knocked out of me. I'm about to stand up but I'm kicked in the stomach hard then he jumps on top of me and punches by face a few times. Using all my strength I push him off and I kick him in the face twice. He then falls on the ground and I get on top of him and start punching everywhere that I can access.

After a few punches I see him slowly losing consciousness so I stop hitting him. I get up and off of him then I finally hear the announcer next to me pronouncing me the winner. I hear a lot of the crowd cheer but a few boo's are heard here and there from the opposing people. I look around the crowd to see Ash sitting there stunned by the fight I had just had. I just furrow my eyebrows at him and wave my hand around which oddly enough gets him out of his trance but he looks at me and walks away.

He walks out of the doors of the ring without warning and through a single window I see him stop by the door pulling at his hair in stress. He is pacing back and forth like a maniac. I just roll my eyes and quickly grab my money. I hand the money to Diego to hold and then I walk outside to confront Ash.

A/N-

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO @roxelle2005 FOR READING MY STORY YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME! ALSO THANKS FOR GIVING MY BOOK A CHANCE BECAUSE NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I EVER THINK WONDERFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD READ MY BOOK! LOVE YAH LOTS!

So if anybody else's wants a shout out then go ahead and add this story to your public library and I will shout you out and thank you for reading my book. Seriously though you guys mean the world to me and I can say that as many times as I want so you guys understand how much I actually care about you.