Chapter 25- Figments of my Memory

"I wasn't going to let Layla drive home wasted!" Bo yells back at Mason.

"Who the fuck cares if she gets in a fucking car accident! It's her fault that she is black out drunk!" Mason yells again rolling his eyes.

"Okay you have over stepped the line this time!" Bo screams pretty much at the top of his lungs and runs at Mason and is about it punch him but Jackson interferes.

"Fucking settle down, you are guys are acting like children," Jackson says glaring at the two boys.

I look away from them and stare at the floor blankly just trying to tune them out. I look at the pattern of the fabric on the carpet trying to focus in on every single detail like it is the most interesting thing in the world. I follow the pattern with my eyes from one end of the carpet to the other then I look at a different part doing the same thing over and over again.

All of a sudden I hear something crash to the floor and it's a picture of my mom, dad, and me. Before I know it I stomp over to the boys and start screaming at them.

"Do you realize what you just fucking broke! You guys are fucking dumbasses thinking you can just walk in here breaking my things! You better fucking leave right before I-," I stop mid sentence realizing what I almost said.

"Before you what?" Mason says getting into my face.

"Just fucking leave," I breath out.

"Dude just leave her alone," Bo tried to pull him away by grabbing his shoulder but he just shrugs off his hand glaring at me.

Mason reaches his mouth up to my ear and whispers, "I know you are hiding something and I will find out."

I just glare at him as he walks out the door with Jackson.

"Layla are you okay?" Bo says gently.

"Please just leave," I turn away from him and I hear the front door close signaling he is gone.

I turn back to the photo seeing the shards of glass scattered on the ground. So I kneel down ignoring the glass digging into my knees and I push the glass to the side to recover the photo. Also mainly my fingers get cut and are bleeding onto the photo as I inspect it sadly. The photo has a bunch of scratches on it and is kind of bent in a few places. The photo is of my parents and me when I was little and we were celebrating my golden birthday which was my fifth birthday. My parents had covered the house with a bunch of gold decorations and even the plates were gold. Not real of course but I didn't care. I don't remember who exactly took the photo but I know it was a family member who had come. I remember the day I walked back into this house and saw this photo. I looked at it and cried for awhile when I got back noticing my parents were gone. At the time my parents were just figment of my memory not really remembering what they looked like. This photo reminded me of what they looked like and I went searching for them. I was very unsuccessful though and didn't even get a hint of where they went. They could be dead for all I know or just out there living their life happy without me.

I shake that thought out of my head and start to clean up the mess. I set the picture on my kitchen counter and grab a plastic bag to stuff the glass in. I quickly pick up the pieces not caring if I cut myself even more but the bandages prevent most of the cuts just not the ones on my fingers. After I'm finally done I grab the frame and inspect it to see if it is salvageable but it's cracked in to many place for me to fix so I throw it out with the glass.

I wash my hands with cold water but the bandages get all damp and uncomfortable so I just end up taking them off. My hands are so tender right now that it hurts to pick up things and bend them.

I go and sit on the couch but I hear the door bell ring which makes me wince because it scares me and I end up curling my hands up. I get up to go to the door and open it as gently as possible but I still wince as I turn the doorknob.

"Sorry Layla I forgo- Oh my god are you okay?" Bo notices my hands as I try to hide them behind my back.

"I'm fine what did you forget," I look away from him and open the door wider so he could enter.

"Layla you are not okay look at your hands," he goes and grabs my hands and I wince as he touches the cuts and he apologizes.

I pull my hands away from him, "It's fine."

"Layla you are in pain. You are not fine and what happened to the bandages? How did you cut your hands even more?" Bo bombards me.

"I was picking up the glass on the floor," I gesture to where the broke picture used to lay.

"Even your knees are cut," he says inspecting my appearance.

"Bo I can clean myself up," I say walking away from him.

"No Layla I'm helping you whether you like it or not," he states firmly.

I sit back on the couch in the same place as before as Bo goes and grabs the first aid kit again. He cleans my hands with the disinfectant again and does the same to my knees. I wince a lot during the process and he continuously apologizes each time. He wraps both my hands and knees this time. When he is done he puts away the bandages and disinfectant. I inspect him closely as he gets up and puts the first aid kit in the bathroom that is next to the living room. He walks back to me and he grabs his phone off the side table that is next to me. When he turns on his phone he immediately furrows his eyebrows at whatever is on his phone.

I take this chance to check him out a little. He is a very attractive person and he very lucky with that aspect. His dirty blond hair is messily styles on top of his head as his blue eyes dart across his phone screen probably reading something. He has light stubble growing on his face that he needs to be shave away and he bites his lip as he types something into his phone.

Soon he looks up at me smirking a little, "Are you checking me out?"

I feel a small blush creep onto my face and I look away from him and he just laughs, "You are to cute Doll."

I scoff, "Stop calling me Doll."

"Never," he winks at me innocently.

"I'm sorry I better get going and I'm coming early in the morning to change you bandages and I'll come after school to change you bandages too," he says getting up walking to the front door.

"Okay bye," I walk to the door with him.

"Goodnight Doll," he kisses my cheek in which I blush and say a quite bye, shutting the door then locking it.

A/N-

Hahaha so I forgot to post yesterday because I didn't have this chapter completed so I'm posting it now and currently I am in school but I have to shout out somebody.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO @madarux FOR ADDING MY STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY SERIOUSLY IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! YOU ARE LITERALLY THE BEST EVER FOR READING MY BOOK! LOVE YAH SO MUCH!

If you want to be shouted out in my next chapter don't forget to add this story to your pubic library and I will happily shout you out to thank you for reading my book. You guys seriously mean so much to me and this is why I am doing this. Now I better start actually doing my work or my teachers may hate me more then they already do. Bye byeeeeee!