Chapter 40- Cooking

"Well I'm going to start with the vegetables because that's the easiest part," I tell Bo as I wash my hands.

"I mean I'll do the potatoes because you need a nice muscly and strong man to mash those babies," Bo flexes his arms and I just laugh.

I grab a pot and fill it with water then I put it on the stove to boil. I put the heat onto medium high so it will boil kind of quickly but not to fast. Next, I grab all of the carrots, corn, green beans, and peas. I have to chop the carrots and green beans so their smaller but I right away pour the corn and peas into a bowl. First, I start with chopping the carrots and I carefully chop them into little round pennies.

I look over at Bo to see him peeling his potatoes so he can boil them, "So how was your 'trip'."

"Honestly, very stressful. I had to go with our lead hacker Rachel and she is the worlds biggest whore. Though for some reason she is proud of it. Anyway, long story short the whole time she kept on trying to get me to have sex with her," Bo says sounding disgusted.

I roll my eyes, "Let me guess. You almost did have sex with her."

"Well she thought it would be a great idea to change in the room with me in it. You can't blame me. I'm a guy and when you see a girl almost completely naked it's hard to resist," Bo tries to defend himself.

"Yah, yah. Whatever," I continue to chop some more carrots.

"How was it while I was gone?" Bo now asks me.

"Well I had a fight at the ring almost every other day so that kept me busy after school. I'm trying to take fights more after school then during school just so I don't push my luck and end up being found out for having that one kid fixing my attendance just so I don't have a tardy or I unexcused absence," I inform Bo.

Bo nudges me, "Wow look at you trying to be a good girl."

I laugh, "Trying is the key word in that sentence."

"Let me guess," Bo pretends to think. "You won all of them."

I nod my head, "Once undefeated, always undefeated."

"That made no sense," Bo looks at me blankly.

I frown, "I was trying to be funny."

"Well don't do that again," Bo goes back to making his mashed potatoes and I finally finish chopping the carrots.

I take the chopped carrots and put them in the bowl with the peas and corn. Now I start with the green beans just to make them smaller so they aren't so long. So I choose to chop them into fourths.

I quickly finish chopping my green beans and pour those into the bowl. Also, conveniently my water is boiling so I take the vegetables I poured into the bowl and put them into the boiling water and I turn down the heat. I just let the vegetables cook and now start on the meatloaf.

"Bo I was wondering what even was your mission for?" I ask him as I take out the meatloaf from the fridge.

"Sorry, I can't tell you," Bo gives me an apologetic look.

I smile at him, "It's fine. I was just curious but of course Mason doesn't want me to know anything."

I take the meatloaf and stick it on a pan. Then I get this like meatloaf sauce thing to spread on it. I start to lather the meatloaf with it and once it's thoroughly coated in the mysterious sauce like thing I shove it in the oven to cook for fourth minutes.

"I know Mason seems like a complete asshole all the time but I think you just got off on the wrong foot," Bo tells me.

I clean my hands quickly then dry them, "Look Bo. I know everybody can be a good person but I want Mason to prove that to me. You can tell me all you want how much he has helped you but he needs to prove that to me."