Chapter 61- Groceries

The picture brings tears to my eyes. You can't really tell but you can see the silhouette of my dad and I pointing out some constellation. The sky looks stunning with the sparkling stars up above our heads. I'm pointing up at one of the constellations snuggling up to my dad and obviously my mom was taking the picture. It's really stunning and could easily win any type of award.

Even though I really shouldn't be doing any physical activity, I go up to my room and change into some workout clothes. Before I know it I'm out the door running down the path that has been engraved into my head. The air is very cold but I don't let myself acknowledge it. I push myself to get to my destination and I can already start to picture the view in my head. Before I know it, I see the familiar cliff side and the sparkling night sky.

When I get there I finally feel the toll of running when I'm so weak. I collapse to the grass by the spot we would always sit at and I allow myself to lay down on my back and rest. I enjoy the view of the stars and trying my hardest to point out the constellations I can remember. The cold is nipping at any exposed skin that it can. The breeze is loud enough so you can hear it in the dead of night. You can hear the trees and grass swaying from the wind. The grass feels so soft as it's slightly overgrown and kind of damp from the moisture.

The run really starts to catch up with me and my eyes start to feel heavy. I don't even try to keep them open and I let them fall shut. Before I can even realize it, I feel myself go into a peaceful slumber, not even realizing where I am.

~~~

I feel somebody moving me and maybe I hear some talking but I'm too tired to care. Though, I feel like someone's arms wrap around me and they start to carry me somewhere. I couldn't help myself snuggling into them unconsciously because of how warm their body feels. Again, I start to feel myself fall back to sleep not even trying to stop it.

"I swear you're insane," is the only thing I hear the person say before I fall back to sleep.

~~~

I wake up with a yawn and a stretch taking note about how bad of a knot I have in my neck from the way I slept. I look around my room before everything in my mind starts to settle in.

Wait. I didn't fall asleep in my room, I fell asleep outside.

I quickly get out of my bed to see if there is any evidence of what had happened. I look through every room in my house to see if a person is still looming around somewhere. To no avail I find absolutely nothing, every door is locked and every window is sealed shut. Everything looks to be in the same place that it was when I left.

Finally, I got into the kitchen and I notice a typed out note:

"You should be more careful where you sleep, just about anyone could've found you. You're lucky I wasn't just anyone. I would've stayed to make sure you're alright but I had somewhere to be in a few hours. I'll try and come check in on you later. Take care of you're self."

The note leaves no type of evidence of who it could be. There is no name and somehow this psycho typed this out before left.

That's when I turn my head to the living room and see my computer on the coffee table and the printer on that is kept by the tv. I face palm at the fact that I'm stupid enough to not have a password on my computer. I never really cared if someone wanted to use or look at my computer. Although, now I think it could use a password for obvious weird reasons.

I try and brush off the paranoia of the fact that somehow someone got in my house and just put me in bed. Then, I remember that I have to get groceries. I mentally groan and get dressed in some more casual clothes for the grocery store. My body feels absolutely drained and sore but I manage to ignore it. I collect my wallet and keys and get into my car driving away to the grocery store. It's not a very long drive before the store comes into view. Getting out of my car I forget just how cold it's been becoming. The breeze makes it a lot less bearable without a jacket so I quickly get myself into the building. Luckily, it's pretty warm in the store so, I start to think about some things I could use so I don't have to come back for another few weeks. Well, that's the goal anyway, grocery shopping sucks.