Chapter 17- Fighting Agian

James is glaring at me from the other side of the ring for no reason so I just stare back at him with a bored expression. We sit like that until the fight going on now was done. Which was about a total of seven minutes. You would think it was awkward but he does it every match. He tries to make his opponent cower in fear but lucky for me no guys stare will ever break this barrier.

Nothing really has and nothing won't.

As the two other men who were fighting get out of the ring the announcer starts to announce us to the ring.

"Ladies and Gentlemen today we have Blair and Miss Payne fighting!" the announcer yells into the mic then James and me jump into the ring with the crowd cheering for who they want to win.

"You should know the rules by now. No weapons and no killing," he says this to James and me then he winks at me.

"Let's have a nice dirty fight!" the crowd cheers and roars with excitement as the match starts.

The big difference from street fighting from where I'm from to other places. There are no rounds. You fight until you can't fight anymore. Either you back out or black out.

"Miss Payne your streak is going to end here," James says as we circle each other.

"We'll see about that," I lunge towards him and I'm about to hit his cheekbone but he dodges at the last second.

Before I know it I'm hit in the back which takes the wind out of me for a second. I fall to the ground on my stomach but I ignore the pain in my back and get up.

James just smirks at me and tries to hit me again but luckily I caught on to that and I dodged it. He goes to hit me where my cut is but I also quickly dodge it.

"Awe come on your being no fun. Stop dodging everything," he says with a smirk.

When he tries to hit me again I dodge it and run behind him. I grab onto his waist and push him down which visibly knocked the wind out of him. While he was on the ground I flipped him over and straddled him. Then I punched him in the face a few times as he tried to block it.

"Get off you bitch!" He tries to push me off with all of his strength but I don't budge.

I just keep on punching and punching and punching. I punch him so hard as if he had done something wrong but it was just me who did something wrong. It's all my fault that my parents are gone. If I would have gone with them then I would be with them right now. Not here. This fills me with even more rage which cause me to punch even harder.

My fists are covered in James and my blood. My body is aching but I ignore the pain. I can't tell if it's from the fight or everything I've lost.

Punch after punch after punch.

Then I feel somebody pull me off of him, "Layla stop! Your gonna kill him!"

I try to fight off the person but they ignore my protests.

I feel my eyes well up with tears as I slowly give up from trying to get out of this persons grasp. All I can tell is that it's a guy and they smell reallllllly good.

Okay that was creepy. I regret saying that. Pretend I never said that.

The person carries me into a room and sets me down on a couch.

WAIT. There is a couch in here? Last time I checked they can't afford couches.

I just realized I had a giant mood swing in the past two minutes. From angry/mad, to sad, to smelling a guy, then surprised.

"What the hell Layla!" I finally recognize the voice and my mood changes back to mad.

"Leave," I say through gritted teeth.