Chapter 58- Night

I feel like I'm stuck with a constant shiver, the cold concrete floor and stone walls do nothing to give heat. I can only imagine what I look like, my wrists are bloody from the tight chain around them attached to the wall. Luckily, I was given some new clothes, though it took me over an hour to get them on. This resulted in a few lashings as obviously I couldn't be chained up until I got my shirt on. So there is blood that already soaked through the back of my shirt. Moving to much causes them to open back up and bleed again.

I'm laying on my side on the ground as it's the most comfortable but let's be real no position is comfortable with injuries and a concrete floor. I'm used to the smell at this point, the horrid metallic blood and mold.

I hear the footsteps wondering if they'll approach me. They continue past and instead I hear some other pleading. Then screaming. Then nothing. I don't know if they are killing other people but they have yet to kill me and I wish they would.

I don't want to endure this pain anymore. I don't wanna live anymore. I don't wanna feel any type of pain ever again.

I just wish it would end...

"What do you mean I can't call a hospital, she just fucking passed out right in front of me?!" I hear someone yelling and it hurts my head.

I don't hear a reply but then the person yells again, "What if she is having a heart attack? What if I get blamed for her death?"

It goes silent for another minute but the person talks again, "Well, you better hurry your ass up."

I don't dare move, the voice sounds familiar but what if it's them... what if they found me again. I keep my eyes shut and pretend to be asleep or something like that.

"Oh Layla," I hear the voice say then they sigh. "What the fuck have you turned my life into?"

Finally, I realize whose voice it is, Mason. I really didn't want to get up just to see if he would say anything else. Another part of me wants to get up and run away so I don't have to deal with whatever drama he is about to bring upon me.

I hear his footsteps approach me and stop near me. Then, I feel what I think is two fingers touch my neck, I'm guessing to check if I still have a pulse.

He sighs, "Finally, your heart is starting to beat more normally."

I again hear his footsteps except this time they seem to get further away from me but then they stop and it's silent. I wonder if he's gone and if I should get up but I don't. I just lay there in the silence for now.

"You know Layla... I wouldn't ever let anything happen to you, no matter how much you annoy me. I really hope you're okay."

I'm surprised to hear Mason with such a soft and worried tone. It's the last thing I'd ever expected to come out of his mouth but everyone has feelings deep down. I'm not even going to lie I thought he was psychopath but he's proved me wrong. He would've gotten rid of me right now if he truly was.

The footsteps finally disappear into what seems like maybe somewhere downstairs. So, I take the chance to open my eyes and I'm not at my house. As I look around the black and white modern room the memory of Mason taking me to his house after I got super drunk hits me like a train.

So, I'm in Masons house... again.

When I try to sit up my head feels like it is being weighed down by stone and it hurts like hell. It causes me to groan in pain out loud. Then, I hear footsteps come back towards the room. I turn my head ever so slowly to where the door is to see two people, Bo and Mason.