Chapter 53- Making Amends

"So class, today we will be talking about IMF bonds," my teacher says walking through the rows checking to see if everybody has their notes out.

"Now what does IMF stand for," the teacher asks no one in particular and of course Bo raises his hand per usual.

The teacher picks him and with no hesitation Bo answers, "IMF stands for Intermolecular Force."

"Good, now open your text books to page two-hundred and thirty-three. That is where our lesson will start. Then read to page two-hundred and fifty-three where the lesson ends. Have that read by at least next Friday where we have our test before Thanksgiving break." then the teacher walks up to his computer to pull up our very exciting notes.

Note the sarcasm.

Do you get the joke, I know I'm so funny.

Anyway, that was pretty much the rest of the hour. Doing notes and Bo answering almost all of the questions and of course he got them all correct. I don't understand how he does it when I'm having a difficult time cramming all of the information into my brain. I'm decent at math but I'm Chem it takes probably more memorization. For obvious reasons my memory isn't very good so this class is a little tougher then I thought. I guess the beginning was easy because it was mostly review from what we did last year in regular Chem but with some extra information. I have a feeling I won't be ready for the AP test in May.

Bo and I walk to the commons since it's gotten a little to cold outside to sit on the bleachers. The commons is pretty much a huge sitting area at the front of the school. Most people who have this free period either go there or ditch it because they usually don't get caught. Unless a hall monitor sees you leaving most people get away with it.

"I swear the amount of papers we've received from Chem is insane. My folder is currently over flowing with papers," I tell Bo as we sit down at a small seating area.

He laughs, "You do realize you can get rid of some of the papers. You don't have to keep them all."

I roll my eyes, "I know that but I want to keep them because I want to have them for studying when the AP test comes up."

"Just keep the notes. As long as your writing down extra information and examples in them, then they should be helpful with studying," Bo says.

I huff, "I'm not very good at notes so I have a feeling they won't help that much."

"Okay then how about when it's a few weeks until the AP test we will study together after school," he suggests.

"Fine, but how about we do it on Tuesdays and Thursday's. I have to make money somehow and I can't do that by sitting after school everyday studying," I sigh.

Bo smiles, "Looks like we got ourselves a deal."

He holds his hand out for me to shake it. I roll my eyes playfully before I take his hand in mine and I shake it.

"Layla, can I ask something of you?" Bo asks me kind of skeptically.

"Shoot."

"So, Mason and I have always been good friends and I want my girlfriend to be getting along with my friends," he starts out.

"No, I'm not being nice to that asshole," I scoff.

Bo gives me a sad face, "But Mason agreed he would try to be nicer to you. Let's just say that because of that I have something to do after school. That's besides the point though, can you at least give him a chance? I'm not saying you have to become 'best buddies' but can you just be nicer to him."