Chapter 49- Detention

My phone sits on my counter as I stare at it waiting for Bo to pick up. It doesn't take long for him to pick up and his worried voice comes through the speaker.

"Layla?"

"Hey Bo," I say wearily.

"Oh my god Layla you had me worried sick! I thought you died or something like that. Okay, not died but I thought something bad happened to you. Wait are you okay? Please tell me this isn't some ransom call," Bo rambles.

I laugh a little, "No I'm fine just a slight headache from the excessive amount of alcohol I drank but otherwise I'm good."

Bo sighs relieved, "Good, I'm sorry that I left you last night but where did you go? You're car was still there but I decided to spend the night since I was to drunk to drive. Then I drove your car home but what about you?"

"Funny story," I laugh nervously.

I can tell Bo's tone drops a little, "Di-did you sleep with someone?"

"No, no, no, that is not what happened. I was so shit faced that I passed out so Mason took me to his place. I didn't realize he took me to his place till this morning though," I reassure him.

"Oh," is all he says and we both are quite for a minute.

"I'm sorry I worried you," I apologize.

He sighs, "Its okay, it is mainly my fault I shouldn't have left you. Though I'm lucky Mason took you and not some random dude."

I suck in a breath, "Yah."

I hear people talking in the background and faintly I hear Bo talking back to them. It's hard for me to tell who and what they are talking about but soon Bo returns to the call.

"I'm sorry I got to go. I'll talk to you later, yah?"

"Okay, see ya."

"Bye." Bo ends the call quickly and I sigh.

I don't really have anything to do today and I'm supposed to be taking time off for fighting because some cops came to the ring. The owner doesn't want to get in trouble so for now, until the police leave, there is no fighting going on there which kind of sucks.

~~~

This weekend was kind of boring. Bo and I didn't really get to hang out at all because on Saturday he had family over then on Sunday he had some gang stuff he needed to do. We only got to talk over the phone for a little bit on Sunday night but Bo had homework to do so our talk was cut short. So of course now that means it's Monday and I'm back at school.

Sitting in Math class watching the teacher write nonsense on the board is not helping my sleepy mood as I feel my eyelids wanting to shut. Just as I'm about to close my eyes I hear my teacher call on me.

"Ms. Fischer, would you like to show us how to do this equation," he points to some word problem he wrote on the bored.

I get up from my seat to get the white board marker from him. He takes a step back from me to watch me try and solve the equation. So instead of me solving the equation I write 'I don't care' in big letters. The class erupts in laughter at my answer while the teacher is fuming with anger.

The teacher takes the marker out of my hand quite aggressively, "Ms. Fischer, please take your seat while I show the class how to actually do the problem and I'll see you after class."

I shrug my shoulders to tired to retaliate then make my way back to my seat. I doze off but this time the teacher doesn't interrupt me but when the bell rings I get up and walk up to my teachers desk.