Three: The Party

Getting ready for this party was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. The struggles with putting my top on was what started it all, but with Anthony slowly getting himself ready and not speaking to me was slowing a lot down. I wasn't able to use our bathroom since he was using it for his hair and every single time I went to get something from the drawer, he would beat me to it and grab it first.

I was in the guest rooms bathroom doing my makeup until my phone started ringing. I picked it up and answered it. "What do you want, Tristan?"

"Wow, lose the tude, Ronnie," he said. I chuckled and shook my head. "What's got you all tense?"

"Problems at home," I responded. "Look, I'll talk to you about it later, Tiss. Right now, I'm rushing to get ready since Anthony is taking his precious ass time."

"Yeah, that's my cue to hang up the phone. Well, I just wanna sa-"

I instantly hung up the phone and sat it on the sink. "He never knows when to shut up," I said to myself.

"That's your best friend."

I turned my head to see Anthony standing in the doorway. He was wearing his black beanie and the fake leather jacket he always seems to wear whenever he goes out, but I couldn't help but to love how he looked. He really never failed to impress me with his looks. "What do you want, Anthony?" I asked him right as I went back to doing my mascara.

"I'm sorry," he started off saying.

"For which part?" I asked him. "For being really nosy about my life or for the hundreds of questions you kept asking me?"

"For everything," he said to me. I put my mascara down and looked at him. "V, I hate when we fight and that's why I try so hard not to argue back with you. I know we fight a lot and I know the majority of the fights are my fault and I know an apology isn't enough, but it's a start." He walked up to me and grabbed my hands. "I'm gonna make it up to you."

"You've said this before, Anthony," I said. I pulled my hands back and walked out of the bathroom. I started walking to our bedroom and I could hear Anthony following me. "I ignore you for a reason when you do this shit. Because in my mind, I would hope you would actually think about the shit you do before you do it so you can learn after, but it's still the same shit every time."

"What do you want me to do, Veronica?" he asked me.

"I want you to realize how our relationship is falling apart!" I yelled. "I need you to stop being so clueless and open your eyes for just a second just to see the bullshit we are going through together. I feel like you can't understand this." He just stood there and our attentions went to Ian who was walking into our room. I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "Hey Ian."

"Hey..." he slowly said. This was awkward for all of us since Ian has never seen us fought like that. When we argue at work, it was different. This was worse since I ended it with how our relationship is. Ian killed the awkwardness and grinned at Anthony. "Look at us. We are twinning with our jackets!"

"Aww, that is cute," I said. "Since you two make a great couple, maybe he can be your date for tonight." I walked out and started making my way to the front door. "While you're at it," I said while I was paused at the front door. It wasn't like I was talking to myself since Ian and Anthony were following me. "I think it's best for Anthony to sit in the front with you, Ian. Is Boze with you?"

"Actually, no," Ian said. "Your best friend actually went to pick her up." God dammit, Tristen. "It's just me!"

"That's fine," I said. "I have my earphones in my wallet so I'll just use them in the car."