Twelve: Choices

Shayne

Everyone was quiet at work today, especially Anthony. We didn't do a shoot today like we planned since Anthony was a wreck and not talking to anyone. The only person he talked to was Ian and Boze, and I didn't know why, but I wanted to know why Veronica wasn't here today.

I cared? Yeah, I do.

She crossed the line yesterday, but I don't hate her for it. I haven't thought about my ex in over nine months and I didn't ever think she was ever going to be brought up again. Nobody at work knows about my ex, but Veronica and I only hoped that Veronica wouldn't say anything even when we weren't on good terms.

I walked by Anthony that kept pacing back and forth with his phone in his hand and kept putting it up to his ear. I walked over to Boze who kept texting on her phone while Ian walked away from her to check on Anthony.

"What is going on?" I asked her. She looked up at me and took a deep breath.

"Veronica ran off," she replied.

"Wait, what?" I asked her. "What do you mean she ran off?"

"Before Anthony came into work today, she left Tristan's to talk things over and they got into a huge argument and she left," she said to me. "I don't know what the argument was about. All I know is what Tristan said." I put my hand through my hair and kept looking at the hundreds of messages she was sending her. "I only got to talk to her once today."

"Wait, you've actually..."

"Shh!!" Boze looked over to see Ian calming Anthony down and she looked back to me. "Only for a minute." She sighed and looked down at her phone. "She wanted me to tell everyone she's okay and didn't want to tell me what is wrong." Her eyes widen and she looked at me. "Maybe she'll answer you."

"If she isn't answering you, Tristan, or Anthony, she's not going to talk to me, Boze," I pointed out. She groaned and started instantly texting again. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I took it out to see Tristan calling me. "Why is Tristan calling me?"

"Because he is going fucking crazy with not knowing where she is and probably expects you to know," she said. I answered his call and walked away from her.

"Thank god you answered," he said to me. "At least someone can answer their phone. Have you heard from Veronica?"

"No I haven't," I said to him. "Tristan, what has happened?"

"Veronica left my house today to go talk to Anthony, and not even an hour passed and I get a call from Anthony asking me if Veronica drove back to my house," Tristan stated. "They got into a big argument, but Anthony won't say what it's about which tells me he fucking did something and won't admit it. No wonder I can't stand that moth-"

"Tristan, calm down," I said to him. He took a deep breath and exhaled on the phone. "Look, I'll try my best to see if she'll talk to me and I'll try to find her. She's not gonna be missing forever, Tristan. She's going to have to come home soon."

"And I cant call her parents because then they'll worry about her and..."

"Tristan," I said again. "I will try to find her. Just take deep breaths."

"Thanks, Shayne," he said to me. We hung up the phone and it went back to my lock screen. I had two miss calls and two voicemails from Veronica this morning. Fuck, I didn't even see these until now. She did try to reach out to me and I was an asshole who blew her off.

I unlocked my phone and went to my voicemails to listen to them. I clicked the first one and put it on speaker since I was in the Smosh Games office by myself.