Twenty Eight: The Picture

"So now Ian knows about you and Shayne's fling?" Mia asked me as she grabbed chips from shelf and into our cart. I slowly nodded my head and she sighed. "So you're fucked now."

"Not necessarily," I told her. I started pushing the cart and we slowly walked down the isle. "He didn't threaten to tell Anthony; I think Ian is more wanting to stay out of it like Damien is, but of course he is gonna put his opinion in the mix since Anthony is his best friend."

"But Damien handled the whole thing quite well since you and Shayne aren't technically together," Mia pointed out.

"Right, but I'm also putting Shayne in a tight spot since he is..."

"Your side hoe?" Mia asked, but finished my sentence for me. I snorted and shook my head at her.

"God, Tristan has ruined us, hasn't he?" I asked her and she started laughing. "I don't see him as that."

"No, Shayne Topp is better than that," Mia said to me. "But do you ever get the fear that it's just a fling between you both and that maybe one day, he would find somebody else?"

"I didn't, but now I do," I stated to her. "I don't see that happening though. Not after..."

"What?" Mia asked me. "Something else happened?"

"We might've had a moment outside of my house," I stated. I paused in the isle, and Mia looked at me and waited for me to continue. "He just told me how he really felt about me and how he would wait for me."

"Did you tell him how you felt?" Mia asked me. I slowly nodded my head and bit my lip as I remembered the kiss I had shared with him that day, but of course the thought went away as Mia grinned and shook her head at me. "So should I say this was number five?"

"How could it have happened when I was with mom and dad almost all Monday, and then yesterday I was at work?" I asked Mia.

"Sweetie, that hasn't stopped you before with being at work," Mia stated. "Me, Tristan, and Boze won't go anywhere near your desk after you told us."

"You guys overreacted," I said with a giggle. "I wiped it down with a Clorox wipe so it should be fine now."

"It's still tainted," Mia said. I just chuckled and shook my head at her. "Well then what happened?"

"After telling him how I felt, he kissed me and it was just like the last time we had sex; it was just something deeper and more meaningful. Like he wanted me to know that something will happen between us when I leave Anthony." I stopped talking as a few people walked by us and gave us this small look that made me roll my eyes as the walked away. We started walking over to stand in line at the cash register and I put my hand through my hair. "I really like this boy."

"You really love that boy," Mia corrected. I snorted and shook my head at her.

"Love is a strong word, Mia," I told her.

"What else would you call this, Veronica?" Mia asked me. "You loving him isn't a bad thing. You've known him forever now and you've always loved him as a friend, but after spending as much together afte-" I just looked at her so she could watch her words and she continued to say, "you guys just have this stronger connection that you've never had before and it's more than just a crush." I just stood there and slowly moved my cart up as people were moving in the line. "What else would you mean by falling for him, V?"

"My feelings," I replied. Mia just rolled her eyes at me. "Look, it's jus-" Suddenly, my phone started going off and I pulled it out of my pocket to see who was calling me. "Why is Anthony calling me now?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe to check up on his girlfriend?" Mia suggested as she started to grab stuff from the cart. I stuck my middle finger up and handed her my card (so she could pay for everything for me since I was going to be on the phone with Anthony). I walked away from her and started making my way outside of the store.