Twenty Seven: Discretion

After seeing Frankie yesterday at the diner, I was afraid of running into Shayne at work today. I know telling him would be the right thing to do, but at the same time, he's been doing so much better without her and they both just seem happy without one another. Plus, I couldn't bear to see him upset over her again. It hurt too much that night at the bar and even seeing the pure anger on his face when I used her in an argument was bad enough.

Then again, isn't he really upset with me now with the decisions I've made?

I was in my office with Boze since it felt like we hadn't talked in forever, and the only time we had talked was when she was lecturing me on my choice of staying with Anthony. Mainly, the lecture was about how Tristan influenced it, but I knew where she was coming from. Just like I knew where Tristan was coming from and just like I knew where my dad and Damien were coming from with all of this.

The only thing that was needed to tell Boze was the false pregnancy and even though I've been scared to tell Shayne, I was scared to even tell her since I know she's the one who thought I was to begin with. "Man, I don't know about you, but I actually miss me some Tristan," Boze stated. I chuckled and shook my head as she was sitting in front of my desk. "Why are you laughing? I'm being serious," she laughed out.

"Because you change up on that boy all the time," I chuckled out. I sat up from my chair and looked at the roses that sat on my desk still and a photo frame that had a picture of Mia and I at VidCon last year. I remember how bad she wanted to cry when she met everybody here and then meeting a lot of her other favorite YouTubers. I smiled and looked back at Boze. "But jokes aside, I actually miss him. I miss his dumbass remarks."

"He's your best friend. Why do you miss him?" Boze asked me.

"Well after all of this, it doesn't surprise me that he distanced himself a bit," I said. "An-" Just then, my office door opened up and Ian's head popped in. "Hey Ian."

"Hey, mind if I come in?" Ian asked me with a small smile. I waved him in and he walked in then instantly shut the door behind him.

"What's up, Ian?" I asked him. Boze turned around to face him and I kept my eyes on his.

"Anthony just told me how he's going to his moms tonight for dinner and how he is going to tell her about his decision to leave Smosh," Ian admitted.

"Ah, yes. He told me the same thing this morning and I asked him if he needed me to tag along, but he wanted to do it on his own which I completely understood. Any particular reason you brought that up though?" I asked him.

"Yeah, did you want to do dinner tonight?" Ian asked me. "There's a few things I wanna talk to you about privately about personal and even Smosh related stuff. You don't have to say yes."

"No, of course I would. We don't get to spend time with one another anymore. I'd love too," I said to him with a slight smile.

"Great, and also," he started off saying. "Is there anyway either of you can help me plan a surprise party for Anthony next week?" My eyes widen and I had a big smile on my face. "I kind of want it to be like a going away party and hope it'll make him feel better about this whole thing. I know this is already getting harder on him and he's slowly wanting to leave sooner since he's just not happy with Defy, but you didn't hear that from me."

I chuckled and nodded. "I'd be happy to help you plan this surprise party. I won't be able to keep the stuff at my house, but I'm pretty sure I can get Mia to keep the stuff at mom and dads house."

"Hey, what about me?" Boze asked me.

"You don't have any place to keep the decorations, Boze, remember? You're homeless," I stated. She shook her head at me and I could hear Ian's small little giggle which made me laugh. "Alright, but I got you, Ian. I'm off tomorrow so I'll definitely shop for this. I'm actually really excited now. You're really a good best friend."